“Not the best”

College Cafe
Ranked #366 of 669 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

My experience here was lackluster to say the least. The food was ok- my entree was mostly rice and the egg drop soup was mostly cornstarchy broth. The veggie egg roll that came with my lunch was actually a little spring roll; once again of little substance. The blond dude cashier literally did not say a single word to me and gave me a single soy packet when I asked for soy sauce and one paper napkin. I feel like there must be some better options.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

This place has great food, but what I actually love most is the couple that run this place! They are always smiling and welcoming and you can watch them make your food while you wait. and the food is great. My favorite so far is the Japanese Teriyaki chicken! Their food isn't the best asian food I've had in my life but it is still my favorite place for take-out in town that I've found so far.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Our dinner tonight just did not taste right. The chicken was tough, stringy, tasted "old" and just plain unhealthy. It was delivered and, when we called the restaurant back, to tell them of the sub-par food, the owner, "Lily", impatiently insisted that we were wrong, that the food was fresh, and she would not lift a finger to make the situation right for us. She would not let us finish a sentence, when trying to give her our feedback. WOW! Lily came off to us as unable to get beyond her own pride and self-righteousness in order to make our good-faith investment in their restaurant's success there meaningful. Too bad for us -- College Cafe wasted our time and our hard-earned money. Luckily, there are plenty of other restaurants in Fort Collins that actually appreciate their customers.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Last ate here back in the 90's when food was great. The food was very greasy and mongolian beef had a rotten taste to it and had to be thrown away.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I love going to the College Cafe! They greet my so warmly every time. There are so many oriental restaurants that do not seem to be very friendly but here - I have always felt very welcome!!! The food is delicious - I have ordered the Mango Shrimp a number of times and it is great! And their Sweet and Sour Chicken - wonderful! They also have very tasty hot and sour soup - I love the hint of BBQ flavor! I would highly recommend College Cafe - it is fresh and delicious!

1  Thank Sandy L