“Small but very interesting, a good visit for most people.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fort Collins Museum of Art
Ranked #48 of 110 things to do in Fort Collins
Reviewed 16 December 2015

I recently visited the Fort Collins Museum of Contemporary Art. It's located in the downtown old town area of town. Admission is $5 per adult and well worth it. If you want to visit on a very popular day, come the first Friday of the month during the Fort Collins First Friday Walk. It's a small museum of art, featuring different artists every couple of month. I highly recommend you visit during April's First Friday Walk as it's the time when the museum highlights the masks exhibit. This is when the museum displays masks for sale that are created by various artists in the community. This is a major museum fundraiser with silent auction bids taken. Many of the First Friday night visits are free to the public and covered by business sponsors. The mask bidding ends the first Friday night in May. It's a great chance to bid on then own a personal piece of art!

Reviewed 12 October 2015

My wife and I go to seasonal shows that have ranged from photography, quilts, textured art, paintings, etc. We have seen Colorado as well as world-class shows--pop to classic. Get on their mail list and get quarterly updates. Right in the middle of Old Town.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

I used to be an active volunteer at this fun community museum and I loved it. The constantly changing exhibitions make for something new to see each time (they rotate on a 2-3 month basis) and volunteering was a satisfying experience. The space is relatively small so don't for hours of museum but a great component of the greater Fort Collins atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

This is more of a gallery space than a museum, but it was worth it to see the current exhibit which was Jan Brett, a favorite children's illustrate of ours. There is a small gift shop also and they had a few activities for kids set up throughout. We were there for almost an hour I'd guess, but if you went on your own or without kids, it would probably only take you 15 minutes to walk through.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This art museum is essentially one gallery, that I assume changes exhibits a few times a year. I had seen they were going to have a Warhol exhibit and decided to go check it out. The Warhol prints were very nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way to add this art museum to a trip. The entire experience is 45 minutes tops, which worked perfectly with our schedule.