Open today: 10:00 - 14:00
Review Highlights
Wonderful visit to historic homestead

Angela gave us a wonderful tour of the house and the beautiful collection inside the property. She... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2019

from US$139.00
from US$108.33
from US$25.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2018

You wander the grounds which isn't much, and then have a guided tour of the old house which is STUFFED with so much stuff! It was too much. I love to tour old homes, but I didn't enjoy this one.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank mariono227
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

It can be tough to find historical spots in the Evergreen area that can actually teach kids about the settlement experiences of pioneers. Humphrey History Park is a genuine place that takes you back to what pioneers experienced. I took a group of 3rd - 5th graders as part of our summer camp. The staff was very welcoming and set me up with a self guided sort of tour of the property (I'd chosen activities from a menu in advance). They have a lovely mini hike to teach about various plants, trees, and flowers. Afterwards we came down to have lunch under their covered structure, which was helpful for getting out of the sun. Activities included an art project (a paper weaving piece that could have been a little more detailed/exciting for my crew), archery (fun but archery with true arrows would have been a little more interesting for my bigger kids), and exploring a couple of out buildings. I was glad we went and the kids had a good time. Most of them had never visited even though we were all locals. I hope the museum continues to get decent foot traffic to make sure this wonderful resource doesn't go anywhere!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 24 May 2016

A jem of a museum and a cultural treat awaits you at this amazing place. They also have events and workshops throughout the year.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Fascinating stories about local history. LOTS to see!!! A real turn-of-the century exhibit of items and local stories.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We visited the museum with my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in laws, and grandma for the tour and tea. We had no idea what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised! The homestead is an unassuming cabin, but when you enter it is filled with treasures and stories! The volunteers care deeply for the history and the treasures, and they are a treat to listen to!

We also enjoyed the tea, sandwiches, homemade jellies, and wonderful sweet bread. It was well worth the small cost! We had such a wonderful day together and had so much fun learning about the history!

Make sure you check out their website too. They have classes and events throughout the week!

Date of experience: July 2015