“Little Different but still good!”
Review of El Tepehuan

El Tepehuan
Ranked #17 of 212 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I have not been here in years - found the new place just down the street a bit... I got a Chimichanga - to go. If I remember right - I was thinking the beef was more sliced rather than shredded. It tasted good but not a whole lot different that other Mexican restaurants. Service was excellent - very fast & the Host and Server behind the bar was very cheerful. I will go again when I am over there around the lunch time. OH - but the parking was a drag - had to park on the street on the next block.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The old hole-in-the-wall place is no more, but the new location one block to the south on Broadway is still homey and comfortable, just more spacious and beautifully decorated. The food is just as good as ever. And when they say smothered in green chile, they mean you need those two tortillas to sop up every drop of it. it's SO GOOD!

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

This place is between our Work and home...we eat here often our way home and we love the food! It’s family owned and operated, very nice people, great service and excellent food. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Waited almost two years for restaurant to open. Worth the wait. Menu was excellent and varied. Lots of choices. Wait staff was friendly and lots of them. Tacos , burritos and tostadas were all excellent. Everything else looked good but that is all I had room for. Parking in back of during the day was close and free.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I had the chance to go to this new location of an old Denver favorite this week. It just re-opened in a new space near Hampden and Broadway. It had been closed for a long time as it found a new location and re-built the place, operating out of a food truck in the interim.

So I was quite psyched to try it out. The results were disappointingly mixed with horrible service from start to finish.

I ordered a Mexican Hamburger and a Taco. Seriously, it took 35 minutes for my food to come out at a later lunch time on a Thursday. I just can't fathom food taking that long anywhere, for a simple order.

The burger was quite good, as was the taco. Chips and salsa boring at best, and not particularly authentic. Beans ok. The green chili is not thick like some places, more thin and runny like some others, with lots of jalapeno seeds. A little kick, not too bad. Personally, I like my green chili a little thicker and more substantive like La Fiesta and even Senor Burritos at 1st and Broadway.

But the service was the big problem. I spoke with some other friends who have been there too since it opened who told me of the same service challenges, slow food, even closing early or the doors locked when a person had made a take out order only to not be able to get in to pick it up. My experience was excruciatingly slow. I was frustrated as were other patrons at other tables.

I probably won't go back for a while, hoping that the place will get its act together. Disappointing for sure.

1  Thank finesilver