“Yum!”

Great Beginnings Cafe,
Ranked #39 of 186 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Dined here on a Sunday AM and enjoyed our food. One item of note I wish I'd ordered: breakfast potatoes. Normally these are bits of hard or mushy potatoes. Here they are almost sticks of buttery goodness with lots of yummy seasoning. Service was good, coffee was good, not super loud despite table allowing their three under 5 to run around and screetch (!). Husband had breakfast burrito and could not finish it (that's a rarity), I had florentine benedict. I would have made it with fresh spinach and less of it but the rest was fabulous. Also tried their cinnamon roll to share and we couldn't eat all of it either. Lots of food on the plate.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Great food, great service. New decor is nice but please keep the mural! Both give a real Colorado feel.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Was in town with my daughter for soccer, this place is close to the Real soccer complex so I decided to give it a try. Was happy with the service and food! Also has a nice patio out front that wasn't busy. I was seated right away which is nice on a Sunday, the waiter Scotty was quickly out and took great care of me even though I was his only table outside!! Great Service will make any place better!! I had the breakfast sandwich with extra bacon and avocado, very tasty! Also I'm a bacon guy and I thought their thick cut bacon was good. Give it a try if you're in the area!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Met a friend there today at his suggestion. Great choice for breakfast or lunch. It's tucked off a pretty busy street so I suppose most people zip by it and never know it's there. Too bad.

There is a very full menu of breakfast and lunch choices and so many things sounded good. It didn't help that I'm on a diet but that's beside the point.

I had an Asian roll-up with warm chicken, rice noodles and fresh veggies served with a tasty sauce on the side. It comes rolled in a flour tortilla but they offer lettuce if you prefer. I was a little leery since this certainly is not an Asian place but it was really good. My friend had Eggs Benedict and they were probably some of the best Bennies I've seen and they are one of my favorites when done right. These were. The waiter even asked if the eggs should be pouched soft or medium.

I am doing physical therapy across the street 10:00 every Wednesday so I am looking forward to what to order next Wednesday and the ones after that. It's really only a couple minutes from many places and well worth the effort to hit Lincoln off I-25 and go east maybe a mile.

As a side note: the waiter was fantastic.Very good job. It's nice to really see when someone enjoys working at a place and believes in what they serve. This fellow certainly did. I think his name is Alberto. If I have any complaints it would be their only choice of iced tea is a mango flavored one.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Great Beginnings has a huge selection on their menu to choose from. We were there for lunch and all four of us had something different and none of us were disappointed with our selections. Service was prompt and our server was very friendly.