See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

My wife and I spent two nights at this charming B&B. Our hostess/owner Judy was outstanding. She had a wonderful breakfast with the best banana nut bread I have ever tasted. The whole house is designed to make you feel right at home. We will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We only stay in a bed and breakfast every other year or so. I don't know why, but they just seem to fall off our radar screen. We needed a last minute room in the Eagle/Vail area for a lacrosse tournament. The fancy resorts were all booked up or were ridiculously priced. Freeway chain motels were expensive; and they are universally unappealing. I was scrolling through listings and noticed the Hitching Post. Relying on reviews and photos, my wife and I went for it. We are glad we did! The Hitching Post is a beautifully restored home from 1908. Our room, the Primrose Room, was large, well decorated for the period, clean and well appointed with lots of practical touches. High quality toiletries and many extra towels were found in the bathroom. And our bathroom had a large jetted tub and a separate shower. But this is the tip of the iceberg.

The star of the show is Judy. She is the owner/innkeeper. She is a sweet, pleasant woman who looked out for our every need. Her breakfasts were well-prepared, delicious, and typical of what you would have found in a high-end B&B 25 years ago. Omelettes, designer French toast and wonderful pancakes were accompanied by fruit compotes, baked apples, fresh fruit, high quality ham, turnovers and other flourishes. But even more important, Judy was a delightful person to chat with and get to know. My wife and I high felt enriched for having stayed with her.

We highly recommend the Hitching Post and would stay there again if we were in the area.

Room tip: Great breakfasts and a delightful hostess
Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 10 November 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed a Saturday evening at this delightful B & B in Eagle, west of Vail. Our hostess was warm & friendly, making us feel right at home instantly. We stayed in the smaller of the 2 rooms, which, while having just a shower, was still beautifully appointed, very clean and charming. Best of all, the bed had a dreamy thick mattress and super-soft, super-clean sheets and pillows, all topped off with a cozy country quilt. We were treated to warm home-baked cookies upon the afternoon of our arrival and breakfast was delicious, with fresh fruit, out of this world banana bread (our B&B owner's secret recipe) and hot eggs. Hot chocolate, tea and coffee are always available too. My personal favorite might be the cute front porch on the quiet side street of this small mountain town, decorated with white twinkle lights and comfy places to sit and watch the leaves fall from the trees. We'll be back!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I spent 2 nights at The Hitching Post, and my stay was superb. The Hitching Post B&B is elegant, and guest treatment by the innkeeper, Mrs. Clock, is warm and inviting. Her breakfasts are soooo good, especially her secret recipe banana bread! I stayed in the Primrose Room with a whirlpool, and the accommodations had every special touch possible, even with Hershey almond chocolate kisses and bottles of water placed in the room. And the whole B&B is immaculate. This was a memorable stay ... exquisite in every way!

Room tip: Both rooms are beautiful! No fitness center or swimming pool ... could not delete from review.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rachel b
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked this for one night on our way back from Moab to Denver airport. Stayed in the bigger of the two rooms and what a lovely stay we had.
Judy is a fantastic hostess and can't do enough for you. The room is extremely comfortable with a large jacuzzi bathroom.
Both bedrooms are off the lounge/diner and you can use these two rooms too.
Judy baked some gorgeous cookies for us when we arrived and they were so delicious we were not hungry enough for dinner when we went out, although Judy had recommended a couple of excellent diners.
Breakfast was fantastic and filled us up until we got on the plane that evening. All home-made and delicious.
Eagle is also a quaint little town/village to look around and we are glad we found this place.
A highlight in our four weeks of travelling around America. Thank you Judy.

Room tip: Both are excellent. You can't go wrong!!
Date of stay: September 2013