1,122 results
All reviews cookies room was clean the north end nice hotel the breakfast area great place to stay hotel is located complimentary breakfast downtown area oatmeal comfortable stay in town front desk staff the staff was friendly and helpful pool and hot tub minute drive parking lot
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I booked a stay for a night with an "advanced purchase internet rate" a few weeks before our stay. We have a family of 6 so there are limited hotel room available to accommodate us. The day before our trip I received an email saying that I could do an advance check in, which I did. The morning of our stay I received an email thanking me for our stay and that they hoped we enjoyed it. I was nervous, since we were on the road, driving TO Durango, but I double checked my reservation and it was for that night. When we arrived about 8:30PM, the front desk staff told me they did not have a reservation for me. Upon further checking they said that my reservation had been cancelled because my credit card had been denied (it was used the day before for a rental car and was used during the trip with no issues). I was told that they had tried to email and call me without being able to get a hold of me to notify me of this. NO calls on my phone, which they had the correct number, NO emails except the "thank you", but they were able to send the early check in as well as the receipts to the correct email. "Luckily" the room was still available, but they couldn't honor the rate I had booked since it was an advance purchase rate and the credit card was "denied." Had it not been 8:30 and night and the fact that we had 6 people I would have left then and looked for another hotel. The whole interaction could have been 100% different if they would have just honored the rate I thought I was paying. Manager followed up a week later with the same nonsense that she couldn't change the rate. Lost me as a customer for sure! We stayed at the Fairfield Inn our way back, slightly cheaper, nicer hotel, more convenient location and MUCH better customer service

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hakoch2002
Calvin P, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work for yourself.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Convenient location on the north end of town. Quiet location with easy drive-able access to historic old town. Beautiful drive to Ouray if you are heading north. Close to Casa Grande so the location is centrally located to explore the four corners area.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early as seating can be an issue.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kimsA2955HB
JacksonY98, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your good review Kim!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of four when we came to Durango to ride the train. The staff at this hotel was very accommodating. They let us check in early and the following day they stored perishables for us all day while we rode the train. The room was quiet and comfortable although because we have a teen boy and girl we did have somebody sleeping on the floor. The cookies in the afternoon are a nice touch, the all day coffee is good and the pool and hot tub are kept very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet with particular note the little omelettes and the salsa we’re both very tasty.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl B

Thank you for your wonderful review Cheryl! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Easy to find and very convenient to all of Durango. Breakfast was great and even though the hotel was very full it was still nice and quiet and peaceful. I would stay here again for sure and will definitely be back soon!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jackson Y, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

hardest bed in the world everything else was as expected breakfast was great .The room was very clean and the staff was helpful as needed. Did not receive any honors benefits. I woke up the first morning with a painful back.The second morning after a very very rough night I could barely walk from the severe pain from the bed. I must also say i have never had any back issue at all.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
CampK9, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

The beds are the Cloud 9 Bed by Serta, a Hampton Inn Exclusive and the "award winning" brand standard required in every Hampton Inn.