“DECENT FOOD IN A SMALL TOWN”
Review of China Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Cafe
Ranked #116 of 208 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed 29 April 2018

The food and service here is very good. The selection is good and prices are reasonable. I have ordered several times and have had a couple of errors, which tells me they should check their orders a bit more carefully. Hate to get home and find I don't have what I ordered. And to go back and exchange was not worth it. They did not offer any thing other than a lame apology and it turned me off. They could have done several things to right the situation. However, with the shortage of chinese food here, this is the best in town.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

China Cafe was convenient to my hotel so I gave it a try. Service was good and the place was sanitary. The young server was plenty friendly and chatty, which I enjoyed. I ordered a veggie spring roll that was pretty standard. I also had shrimp noodles that was good but not exceptional. The inside ambiance was sterile. There is no wifi for patrons. All in all, the experience was not a bad one but nothing special. I would visit again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 December 2017

It's sad to see a perfect river-side location being occupied by a mediocre restaurant. Food is hidden by a way too thick, flavorless sauce. Service was ok. View was wonderful.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

It was about 9 PM when we decided to eat Chinese food and maybe it was because it was so late that it didn't taste as fresh as we thought it would ordering from the menu. Very kind service and I would like to try it again earlier in the day.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Very good food. We sat outside by river for lunch. The wait staff was very nice and the whole dining experience was wonderful. The portions are large.

Date of visit: September 2016