“Great location and amenities”

Ferringway Hotel Condominiums
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed in Durango several times. I always book at Ferringway when they’re available due to the size of the units and the proximity to downtown. Our group easily fit in a two bedroom condominium, which included a large living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa. The condominium was very clean and the kitchen was fully stocked with cooking utensils. The pool area has a Jacuzzi and sauna, which is really, really nice after a long day of hiking, biking, rafting, etc. Ferringway is located right next to Fort Lewis College and it’s an easy walk or bike ride into downtown. Downtown Durango is great fun year round with an incredible selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife and two boys stayed in unit 24 and were very happy with the cleanliness of the whole unit. Everything is on one floor, no steps to walk up. We liked the flat screen TV's in the livngroom and the master bedroom. Also has wireless that was helpful to my husband who had work to do online. The kids loved the pool and so did I along with the other things Ferringway had to offer.
We will be in Durango again next summer and are going to try and get unit 24 again.

Alice Schwartz

Room Tip: Bottom floor is best
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

About 20 years ago my wife and I found a gem in the Durango area. That gem is the Ferringway Condominiums. For the past 20 years, we have stayed there exclusively enjoying the first rate accommodations; including easy access to downtown, hiking and biking trails, golf, hot tub and pool. The units are well appointed and offer a sense of home not found in a hotel room. I would recommend a stay on your next visit to Durango. There is no better place!

Room Tip: You can request a unit to accommodate any size party.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 505Michael
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed with another couple here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom/2 1/2 bath unit and found it to meet all of our needs. These larger units are on the top floor which means that you have four sets of stairs (about 8 steps each) to climb to get to your unit so if you have trouble carrying your suitcases reserve a smaller unit. Our unit #41 had white carpet and sofas which did not seem too practical for a rental property and the carpet needed to be cleaned. We thought that the Ferringway's close proximity to Fort Lewis College might mean we would have a problem with noise at night but that was not the case. The Ferringway is located about 1 1/2 mile from downtown (across the street from Fort Lewis College). It was a reasonable walk into town via a nice wide sidewalk.
We arrived during an afternoon rainstorm and got soaked trying to find our unit. The numbering system seems random and the map given to find our unit did not help.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at Ferringway two nights while in town for a wedding. The first night we were in a 1 bedroom unit (#7). The bed was uncomfortable but the worst thing was the noise. The bedroom is small and so the bed is very near the window. We heard noise from the street all night as well as a party going on in the unit across from us (#12?). Also, the person living above us (some units are owner occupied) had a dog that barked and growled when the owner was absent. I was there with my husband and 4 year old and none of us got much sleep. Unfortunately the office closes at 5pm and we had no one to call for help. When the office opened in the morning I explained the noise problem and asked that we be moved. They did not have any more 1 bedrooms open but kindly moved us to a two bedroom for no extra charge. This one was in the back of the property and was just wonderful. The beds were fine and the location was very quiet. We had a great night's sleep. In fact, I've stayed in Durango many times at other hotels and I'd have to say that our second night was the quietest night I've spend in Durango. Others attending the same wedding as us also stayed at Ferringway and really enjoyed it. So I think our first night's experience was not typical for this place. If you reserve here, just avoid unit #7, and ask for a unit that is not facing College Ave. It's a good choice for families.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family