“Better really like chicken!”

Cuckoo's Chicken House and Waterin' Hole
Ranked #104 of 207 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Durango's Family Sports Restaurant
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I am not a tourist. I used to visit this location many years ago. When it became Cuckoo's it has only taken decades to try it. The Abbey Theater is there and it's still pretty cool. Cuckoo's is chicken. If you look hard, there is a burger and a fish and chip offering....but it's chicken. The service was friendly and fast. The room is loud and you can't help but hear everyone's conversations. It's about chicken. So I had the chicken parm and it was a large gooey sandwich with a mound of fries. I really thought the chicken was dry. But maybe if I had chosen something without sauce, it might have been fresher. But overall, if you love chicken...this place is by no means a deal. Very expensive. The Chick parm sandwich was the cheapest thing,(cause I don't like chicken that much) but it was $10 at lunchtime.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The service was okay, but my god the wings were so hot that they were inedible. Not to mention the chicken was pink and undercooked. I know hot wings are supposed to be hot, but everyone at our table could not eat these. We also ordered onion rings that were horrible. So we spent $50 on lunch and left hungry.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Tons of delicious chicken and fantastic service from Gina. Enjoyed a great meal with friends. Huge portions and the chicken fingers were perfect. Tender, moist chicken cooked to perfection. There were 7 of us including 3 kids and Gina never missed a beat, taking care of each persons request. We only wish we could have cleaned our plates- definitely a winner!

2  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 10 September 2017

My husband and I had HOT wings and potato skins. Hot but delicious! We will definitely visit again. The best we've ever had!

2  Thank Valerie C
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We have been in Durango all summer, and you won't find better chicken anywhere in town. With Laurie behind the bar and Tiana working the tables, you will enjoy fast service and a lot of laughing. They truly make this place - along with the rock star chicken!

2  Thank Azcarolk