“Very good Chinese ”

May Palace
Ranked #58 of 208 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My wife had the Kung Pao veggies and I have the chicken chow mein which was really more like lo mein cuz the noodles were soft they gave us some steamed rice white and two egg rolls vegetable the food was very tasty the mustard sauce was hot everything had a good spice and was prepared just the way we like it not the best Chinese we've ever had but it was very good definitely worth a stop in Durango

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Driving through Durango, we thought that we would try some Chinese food, and so selected May Palace - wrong decision! The dumplings were rubbery and tough, the orange chicken was soggy and the lemon chicken was all batter.

I'm afraid that we ended up throwing it away and having some oat cookies instead.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I took my Mom to May Palace and we were both served and fed well. I believe the owner waited on us, got our food quickly, and even politely got the kids in the next booth quiet! We had almond chicken, and shrimp and broccoli - made a good shared combination.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I ordered the cashew chicken but found the sauce to be a bit lacking in flavor. I would have liked carrots in the dish which contained only bell peppers and celery as vegetables. The portions were large however and the service was great. Still, I would try a different Chinese restaurant next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The family was craving Chinese one night during our stay in Durango. This restaurant came up rated the best here on TripAdvisor, but it was really not very good. They got the dumplings, which my daughter said were more rubbery and doughy that she'd ever eaten, and my husband got the General Tso's and said it was just OK. I didn't eat it, but based on the smell in the hotel room, I was glad I didn't order from there.