All reviews other guests bird feeders bananas foster aspen room evening dessert cookies hot tub creme brulee b bs homemade desserts nightly desserts special dessert wonderful hosts spacious deck wonderful home from scratch beer and wine
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I have stayed at B&Bs all over the country and this is one of our favorites. Sorry we only spent one night here. It's not the fanciest place. The floors creak. You won't find fine Egyptian sheets. But we loved the atmosphere and decor. Food was great. Grounds are beautiful. Owners couldn't be nicer. We will be back for a ski trip. Their ranking is well deserved.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I stayed 3 nights just for a weekend getaway. We wanted to do the Durango train and Jodi made all the arrangements for us. Walter and Jodi are the best innkeepers that we have met. They are to friendly and can't do enough to make you happy and comfortable. Walter is an amazing cook and his nightly desserts are definitely something to look forward to and the guests gather around the table and socialize. I love the fact that I could get coffee anytime. The grounds are gorgeous and they even have bathing suits for the hot tub if you forget to bring one. I could go on and on. You definitely won't be disappointed if you visit. It's like coming home to visit family there.

Room tip: If you have trouble going down steps get a room on the main level.
Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My husband and I stayed at this wonder B&B to celebrate our anniversary. Walter and Jodi are the most hospitable hosts we have yet encountered. Their breakfasts were delicious and their nightly homemade desserts were fantastic. We really enjoyed the nightly fires, and stretching out on their comfortable couches, too. We stayed in the Aspen Room and it was comfortable and quiet. It was a great place to relax! We will definitely be back! The cell phone service was real spotty there (mostly no service-sometimes roaming), at least with Sprint, but they had good, reliable WiFi and a landline for guest use. Great place to disconnect!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This was my third visit too Country Sunshine. As usual, it was great. Walter and Jodi treat their guests like old friends. Walter's nightly deserts are to die for and a highlight of the day, second only to his morning breakfasts. Everything is neat, clean, and well thought out. There is plenty of space to stretch out in front of the fireplace or socialize with other guests during evening desert. Located just outside of town, it is close enough to go to town for whatever you need, but far enough out to be quiet. I look forward to returning again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Country Sunshine was a terrific place to stay while in Durango. Walter and Jodi are the perfect hosts with a warm, welcoming nature and plenty of practical advice. We loved being out of town in the country! The room and whole place were spotless and the food is excellent!