“Delicious Tapas!!!”

The 9th Door Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
The 9th Door Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I had an absolutely amazing experience at The 9th Door in Lodo on my birthday.
We went out with small group of friends on Friday night. Their happy hour is 4:30—6:30 and offers amazingly tasty small bites for $2-4!!! Perfect way to start your evening.
Even house red wine was fantastic with aromatic notes of black currant and other berries.
We left this place after 10pm, were there for 5 hours, and I just couldn't stop experiencing with food. Jamón Iberico is my favorite thing since I visited Barcelona, and they have it! Lamb chops, meet balls, chorizo in wine sauce, paella, tortilla were to sell you soul to Devil for! No joke. And I'm a spoiled foodie.
Their sauces are divine! We dipped all our bread into those sauces and wanted to lick the plates! Haha!
The service was outstanding at the bar and at the table! Allison was so attentive, kind and genuinely happy waitress!
Loved the vibe, the interior, the music!!! The whole "sharing your food" atmosphere!
If you love Mediterranean food, this place is a true jewel! And has to be promoted more!
Definitely recommend! And I wish that I discovered it earlier!!! :-)

There are newer reviews for The 9th Door Downtown

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

My family took me here during a recent visit. We each enjoyed a 4 course sampling of delicious Tapas crowned by the best chocolate lavan cake I've ever eaten. The service was excellent and the decor was delightful. I'll definitely plan a return visit. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We love the Lodo location except for the noise level when it gets busy. Same excellent food at the smaller place on Lincoln St. and you can actually have a conversation. We were a party of six for Valentine's day, and the special menu was fairly priced and featured some of their very best tapas. Well done again!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

I took my daughter to The 9th Door for her 21st birthday. She loved this restaurant and would have given it 10 stars. It was her first experience with tapa-style food, and she found it new and unique. In fact The 9th Door is now her favorite restaurant.

The menu offers a substantial number of both cold and hot tapas, and there is enough variety to suit all tastes. We found the choices to range from delicious (shrimp and mixed cheeses) to just OK (spaghetti squash) The wine list is lengthy (though we limited ourselves to white and red sangria and a flight of sweet sherry at the end of the meal.)

The 9th Door's ambiance is very pleasant - a darkish, rustic look with tables placed just far enough apart to provide some privacy during conversations. Service was very attentive - and hats off to Vanessa, who made sure that our servicings were spread out just enough so that we did not feel hurried or were without food. My daughter was also provided a chocolate cake with candles to celebrate her birthday.

Our two hour dinner at The 9th Door was very pleasant, and we would certainly return. I can recommend the restaurant to your list of

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I come here every time I'm in Denver for the delicious tapas and fun atmosphere.

[They have another location as well but this is the original. ]

Upside: fantastic decor, great wine selection, yummy food.

Top vegetarian order suggestions: the spaghetti squash, fried goat cheese with honey, stuffed peppers, chocolate cake. Although I really don't think you can go wrong with anything here

Downside: the music is a bit loud for a restaurant