“First visit-service excellent”

La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #441 of 3,082 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Contemporary, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Cross street: Between E 47th & E 46th
Description: La Sandia Tequila Cantina serves internationally acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval’s high quality, authentic Mexican cuisine. Featuring familiar favorites prepared with high quality ingredients, guests can dine and gather over dinner and drinks. The expanded tequila bar and lounge features over 150 tequilas and mezcals and handcrafted margaritas. Warm, Latin-inspired service will round out your experience at La Sandia.
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Shopping at the mall and we decided to get lunch first. Authentic Mexican cuisine. The service from Noah was exceptional from start to finish. I like that the guacamole was tableside service but I don't think the value was worth $10. I enjoyed the steak fajitas; portion size is spot on. The lunch trio (soup, quesadillas, and salad) looked like perfect size too. The strawberry lemonade is excellent. My husband liked the Cadillac margarita.
Overall I'd come back and try other items on the menu!

There are newer reviews for La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar

Reviewed 28 October 2016

The carnitas were yummy. Very tender and well seasoned pork. All sauces that came with my dish were well flavored, the amount of guac was a bit on the low end though. The service however was really friendly. It has a modern vibe, but feels a bit dark inside. So if you expect the classic bright colorful Mexican theme, you might be a bit disappointed, however it's still quite comfortable. The location isn't super charming (in a shopping mall area) and prices are on the mid to higher end for the amount of food you get, but the quality felt fair. I'd go again.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Creative and tasty dishes! Our party had fajitas that were spiced really well, very good chips and, on request, HOT salsa that was delicious. The margaritas were good though a bit pricey. The Tequila Taster of 3 types was $15 and they brought a single shot divided in three glasses on a board...just outrageously overpriced. The main drawback to our evening.

Good service in a nice quiet atmosphere (far quieter than surrounding options)

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I really wasn't expecting what I found when I got to La Sandia. I found excellent service, with truly genuine and fresh authentic foods that were extremely pleasing to the palate. My husband and I have recently switched over to "clean eating" and I have a difficult time eating out...but I had no problems here. The drinks were delicious and original as well, with good ratios of alcohol to mixers. I was very pleasantly surprised and will be visiting again!

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Try the guacamole (made at your table) and the chicken tacos and carnitas. The sangria and strawberry margaritas are tops. You will not be disappointed.