La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #444 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Contemporary, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Cross street: Between E 47th & E 46th
Description: La Sandia Tequila Cantina serves internationally acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval’s high quality, authentic Mexican cuisine. Featuring familiar favorites prepared with high quality ingredients, guests can dine and gather over dinner and drinks. The expanded tequila bar and lounge features over 150 tequilas and mezcals and handcrafted margaritas. Warm, Latin-inspired service will round out your experience at La Sandia.
Reviewed 27 May 2016

This is my favorite restaurant. It's great Mexican, and is both authentic and has interesting different dishes. Their salsa is fantastic. They do a table-side guacamole. There are healthy menu choices, which I love. Their "happy hour" is long, like I think until closing? They have kids' menus and crayons.

Triston D, Guest Relations Manager at La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hi Sarah,

It gives me joy to hear that La Sandia is your favorite restaurant. We take pride on being kid friendly and having a happy hour that is from 4 to close. Next time you are in ask for me, I would like to say hi.

Best wishes,

Claudia Leal

There are newer reviews for La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar

Reviewed 14 May 2016

We have been to La Sandia many times in the past; this was the first time any of us were a bit disappointed in our entrees (a couple of items seemed dramatically overcooked), but the experience overall was, as always, lovely. We wanted to give a particular shout out to Josue, our waiter, who was perfect in every way: he was friendly but not intrusive, gave us good advice about tequila flights, and was overall the best part of our meal. Thank you, Josue!

Triston D, Guest Relations Manager at La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Hello Tulippy,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent experience. Great to hear you enjoyed Josue's service. He is one of our best. I apologize if a few of your entrees did not meet your expectations on this visit. We would have loved the chance to correct the problem right away. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Make sure to ask for Josue!

Salud!

- La Sandia Team

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We were in Denver for a conference, and decided to try this place. We had seen how popular the one in Park Meadows was, so assumed that this would be the same. At about 6pm on a Monday night, there was hardly a table occupied, although the bar was loud with happy hour.When I went to the hostess and asked for a table for two, it was like a game of 20 questions..."had WE been there before, what was my name, so that when my husband came into the nearly empty restaurant they could find me (he was just parking e car!), all the types of tequila they had, etc. I had to ask for any one of the umpteen empty tables away from the loud bar.

When the server came, it all started again, again annoyingly using "we" all the time during her 20 questions, when she meant "you". We had to break into her speech about the variety of tequilas, as well, even though we told her we were just there for dinner. I asked if they offered fajitas for two, if only to interrupt her list of her favorite spicy dishes (I don't like spicy). She enthusiastically told me that their regular $16.95 fajitas would be plenty for two. Since most of the time, when I order my own fajitas I don't even make a dent, I took her at her word. She took away the two small plates that were on the table.

When the fajitas came, it was a strange presentation. It was one "bento box" with a tin of very small tortillas, a small tin or beans, a dollop of runny sour cream, I think...it was pretty unrecognizable, a small (mostly solid) tablespoon of guacamole, and a teeny pan of a heaping amount of onions and peppers, and about 4 small pieces of chicken and 4 smaller pieces of steak.

This was the very smallest presentation of fajitas I have ever seen...and we had to go looking around for plates, as she took ours, and none were served with the fajitas. This was like an appetizer. Fortunately, neither of us was very hungry. The tables had a depth that didn't allow for the crossing of legs, and the all-wood chairs were hard and uncomfortable.

Suffice it to say that we will never return to any La Sandia again. I'm guessing, from the poor food showing, that it is mainly a tequila place. If you want bar food appetizers, this may be a good choice.

Triston D, Guest Relations Manager at La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Hello Janels,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience. It is actually great to hear that our hostesses are doing what they are trained to do. We strive to take extra care of our guests and it is an extra step of hospitality to ask for the guests name so we can properly seat them with the guest they are joining instead of having the guest walk all over the restaurant. Yes, we do understand that the restaurant was not very busy, but practice makes perfect and when we are busy the hostess are practicing the same great hospitality standards. Our servers are trained to are required to ask questions, find out if the guest has been here before and recommend items. We have secret shoppers and they are looking for all of the questions you mentioned. We apologize that it was an inconvenience to you and your guest.
We have a great Happy Hour 7 days a week 4pm-close, you may find better value in our Happy Hour offerings. We hope to see you again soon!

Salud!

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

First, let me set the right expectations. While this is characterized as Mexican food, as a Texas native I did not detect that particular theme in my meal.

That said, as long as you're not expecting authentic Mexican food you will not be disappointed.

The service was prompt, the establishment was clean and the food decent. I had the chocolate waffles with plantains and strawberries which was very tasty. However, I did not enjoy the mojitos.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback from your brunch experience at La Sandia. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your waffles and are sorry to hear you didn't care for the mojito. Next time try our La Sandia Margarita with fresh watermelon! Our menu is unique and different for some. We are more of a southern Mexican infusion style with fresh ingredients and a scratch kitchen with our sauces and food made fresh daily.
We look forward to seeing in for brunch again soon!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We stopped by for lunch and had great experience. Menu choices were plentiful. Every thing was well prepared and quite delicious. Service was prompt and very helpful. All in all a very enjoyable experience. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Triston D, Guest Relations Manager at La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Good afternoon tomkolodziej,

My name is Shane, I am the GM of La Sandia in Northfield. I wanted to say thank you for the wonderful review about your experience dining with us. We really appreciate it.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Ask for me and I would love to buy you a margarita!

Have a great day,