“When the line stretches out the door at lunchtime, you're in the right place”
Review of Zoe Ma Ma

Zoe Ma Ma
Ranked #397 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Stopped by on a cold May day during a conference for the Friday special - Roast Duck Wonton soup. Had to wait in a long line just to get in. Well worth the wait. Great food. Great value.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I ate a late lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. I was finishing up a weekend in Denver, and was looking for something not too heavy close to Union Station before I caught the train back to the airport.

There are all sorts of dining options near Union Square, especially if you venture a bit over to the 16th Street Mall (easy walk from Union Square, plus there's a free shuttle bus that runs up and down the mall, leaving directly from Union Square). I was looking for something besides a burger or a pizza, and lucky for me I stumbled onto Zoe Ma Ma.

The have a nice patio area for dining in nice weather, and the inside feels like you're in small streetside cafe in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul or throughout Asia. They have some noodle bowls and heartier fare on the menu, but I opted for several of the dim sum dishes.

They have several sauces out for you to use when your food comes, I tried a couple and really enjoyed the flavors and the nuance they brought to some of the dishes I ordered. The original potstickers were fantastic, especially after I split them open and drenched them with their potsticker sauce. I also loved the crystal shrimp dumplings, everything in the dish was perfectly prepared. My favorite by far was the pearl meatball. The pork was delicious, and I really like the extra texture and flavor added by the rice coating.

After every bite, I wanted more. The portions are what you'd expect for dim sum, and the noodle bowls looked to also be comparable to what you'd typically find at other Asian restaurants. The prices were very reasonable given the quality of the food and the location of the restaurant. The counterperson was very helpful and knowledgeable about the dishes, and was very polite and friendly.

I will definitely be visiting Zoe Ma Ma again on my next trip to Denver.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This type of cuisine used to be an "I have to be in the mood" kind of meal, but eating here at Zoe Ma Ma has retrained my brain to know it's the place to go when I want to eat and enjoy a meal without going all out and leaving in a food coma. It's a great pre-movie place to go and enjoy an easy going meal with flavor. It's reasonably priced and they are friendly. The kitchen is clean. The tables aren't always wiped down after someone leaves since it's more of a "self-serve" pick your food up at the counter when it's ready kind of place, but it's very good and when you ask the lady (who I think is the proprietress) if you can wipe the table down, she gets it done.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Zoe Ma Ma is located next to Union Station. Loved the decor and the staff was wonderful. While the Bao pork buns were good, they were nothing special and I prefer my pork buns to be a bit sweet.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Zoe Ma Ma is the real deal. Ma Ma even roams the kitchen making sure that dishes are cooked to her approval. The special of the day is always a good choice. But after you go a few times, you will find your own favorite. Variety of self-serve sauces is a plus.
Going for weekday lunch? Get there early or be prepared to stand in a line (although it moves pretty fast). Friendly staff.

Been to Zoe Ma Ma? Share your experiences!