“Fascinating venue, great service”
Review of Ophelia's

Ophelia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 3,436 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: 8000 Sq. Ft. Gastrobrothel features Vegetable Forward, Globally-Inspired Dishes and a Live Music Venue ‘Electric Soapbox.’ Ophelia’s has taken many forms: located in the historic 1894-era Victorian Airedale building, it was a brothel, turned peep show, turned adult video library. We serve as a restaurant, bar, and live music venue, with a boudoir-style decor that honors the building’s past; and Ophelia, the muse. Continuing the Edible Beats tradition of delicious, responsibly-sourced food, the upscale, gastrobrothel-inspired menu will include fresh, craveable takes on flatbread pizza, small plates, burgers, and shareable charcuterie boards.
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We fancied some live music, probably the only disappointing thing this evening was the live music, not that they were bad the style wasn't especially to our taste, kind of jazzy...

The food and service was awesome, and what a funky venue though. A history as an old cat house is all around and there to read and the team have done well to keep the vibe on point.

Tasty crunchy pepperoni flatbreads, duck wings (yes really) and BBQ ribs were all great sharing finger food and we really enjoyed our time here, just a shame re the music!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Try out this Lodo hot spot during happy hour. A reduced but well structured drink menu has $5 beer, wine, and cocktails. There are six small plates - the plantains are a must! The two favorite items in the full menu include the Spring Cheese Incident - a mini skillet full of melted cheese and wonderful ingredients. The Arepas are another wonderful item! Try them out!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

What a fun place! I've never been to a bar quite like this! The atmosphere is raunchy and delightful. I thought Ophelia's could play more to their history and to the vibe they're going for, ex. Naming food and drinks after people through the brothel, of fun(ny) stories that have come out of there, sex type things, etc... Vibe = 4/5

My girlfriend and I went for a night out to enjoy one of the shows. The vibe is great downstairs and there's lots of seating options, but during the show we could hear all the noises from the upstairs restaurant. It was quite unpleasant when the speakers would pause for a dramatic effect and all you could hear was clanking glasses and loud voices. Noise = 2/5

I enjoyed the beet vegan burger so much! Definitely one of the best vegan burgers I've ever had! Ophelia's actually designates on their menus which food options are vegan, which is very helpful. They only had a few vegan options though but our server said he could customize just about anything for us. Vegan options = 4/5

They had a fun cocktail list. Unfortunately, most of the beverages contained gin. If you're not a gin drinker I would order a more popular cocktail, like a rum and coke, instead of one of the signature cocktails. Also, some of their cocktails were way in left field. I'm all for trying new things but my girlfriend and I ordered 4 different beverages and didn't care for any of them. Cocktails = 3/5

All in all, I would definitely visit again, just not for another show.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We came here for brunch to celebrate a friends birthday. This place used to be a brothel so I can appreciate them keeping the inside of the restaurant with the same decor. We ate downstairs where they have the stage. Of course we had to get the bottomless mimosas for brunch. The food was not that great though. We definitely had a better time with the mimosas. The service was pretty good. We were over-charged on one of our items but had that issue quickly corrected. As we left, they had free matches and condoms to-go. Overall, its a place you should go to at least once, but once was enough for me.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

This is a very cool place to check out. Atmosphere is really nice, very good service. Check out all the decor.