“Fantastic, authentic Mexican food!”

7 Leguas Mexican Grille
Ranked #600 of 3,111 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 December 2014

The first indication that a Mexican place is good and authentic is the chips and salsa, right? Well, it was love at first bite! Flavorful with good spice but not overly spicy. We had to wait for our entrees longer than in most Mexican places, but that just means that they are creating your food from scratch, so it was an acceptable amount of time. I ordered a taco plate of 4 tacos, 2 al Pastor and 2 al Carbon. The tacos al Pastor were out of this world scrumptious, and I am a street taco snob, so that really means something. The tacos al Carbon were also delicious, but I was so blown away by the tacos al Pastor that I didn't want to eat anything else! I usually leave with leftovers but I couldn't help stuffing myself (shame) and eating all of it. My husband loved his food too, although I didn't try any of it. It is clearly a family owned and run restaurant judging by the age of the hostess. All four people working in the restaurant checked in with us multiple times to make sure we were taken care of. We will be back for sure to try the molcajetes dishes we saw being delivered to another table; they looked amazing!