1,163 results
All reviews train station terminal bar renovated union station loft room free ice cream california zephyr tall ceilings nespresso machine unique hotel within miles car service light rail mile radius bars and restaurants rain shower lodo area hotel guests
Reviewed 4 March 2016

We had seen reviews of this hotel in the newly renovated Union Station and wanted to try it on our visit, where the main purpose was to catch the Amtrak CA Zephyr toward CA. It was more expensive than places we usually stay, but picked it for the experience. There were some very nice things about the hotel, but, overall, we were underwhelmed.

On the plus side, this is a one-of-a-kind place. The desk is right in Union Station. When I called ahead, I was given very helpful directions of how to take the public bus from the airport to the hotel for just $4.50 per Senior. Check-in staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are furnished nicely with beautiful wood and glass accents.

Detracting from the experience, however, were several factors. We booked a Pullman room because we had read you could see the trains and it replicated the experience of old-time rail travel. The trains must back into the station because, while we could see the back end of the Amtrak when in the station, the train left in the opposite direction. I guess we had imagined trains would be going by our window, which was not the case at all. While nicely furnished, the Pullman room was quite small and the bed was against the wall - not ideal for Seniors. In the evening, the fire alarm sounded. There was no intercom to give directions and guests started leaving. After a bit, the alarm stopped. We were able to finally get a call through to the desk and were told it was a false alarm. Better communication would have been appreciated. Although the room was equipped with a lot of plugs, many of them would not work, including the ones in the bathroom. The light at the head of the bed had a short in it and kept going off. Since it was quite late before we discovered these issues, we didn't ask to move. The room was very quiet for most of the time, but there was loud banging very early in the morning that woke both of us. The room must have been next to a supply closet. When we checked out, we reported the issues to the clerk and were given a $15 reduction in the Amenities charge. Later, the manager emailed that if we return, he would provide a complimentary room upgrade, but I don't expect to be in the area any time soon again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 91,914
Tiffany O, General Manager at The Crawford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear 91914,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues that you faced while visiting our hotel. It is always our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and it appears as though we fell short of that. I understand that you have been in contact with one of our front office managers, but if there is anything that you would like to further discuss with me, I would love to have the opportunity to better understand what we can improve on moving forward. I would also like to know what we can do to make this right. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back and to redeem ourselves on your next trip to Denver. Thank you, again, for the feedback and I hope to be hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

I only say that to keep the place to myself! Loved this place again! Great atmosphere and vibe... Surrounded by amazing food and drink. Rooms are clean and stylish. Comfortable feel but refined. Would definitely be back again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erich V
Tiffany O, General Manager at The Crawford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear Erich V,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, including The Crawford's "clean and stylish" rooms. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my husband for approximately 1 week. One of the best features is the fact that had we not made prior engagements throughout Denver, we could have stayed in the same building the entire time! So many amenities, shops, and restaurants to choose from. With all of the attractions you could possibly need within walking distance and a Courtesy Tesla to take you anywhere within two miles, a vehicle is not a necessity.

To top off what was a wonderful experience in terms of the building itself and the location, the staff was second to none. They seemed to enjoy working in the building as much as we enjoyed staying in it. Every individual that we came in contact with genuinely cared about our experience as guests and wanted to help in any way they could. Dominic was especially personable. He remembered us by name each time we saw him and made sure to follow-up with us about our plans from days or evenings before.

Overall, our stay at The Crawford was exceptional. From the luxurious loft-style room to the five-star service they exceeded our expectations. We will recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Denver and we will most definitely be staying here for all of our future visits.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jilly1916
Tiffany O, General Manager at The Crawford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Jilly1916,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear our services exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to recognize our associates, including Dominic, for your praise. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I usually stay at the Four Seasons, but wanted to try the Crawford for my first time. It was stunning! The Cooper Lounge was amazing, great views of the station as well as 17th St. Sophisticated and charming! Highly recommend for those looking for curated, luxurious accommodations with style!

Stayed: February 2016

Dear Jeffrey K,

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased that you found the hotel stunning and The Cooper Lounge amazing! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I am an experienced traveler but don't typically stay at hotels in Denver since I live here. I knew about this hotel and really wanted to do a staycation since it was so unique and new (and they do Snooze room service for breakfast). Union Station itself was nicely done, there are cute shops, a bar, and many places to sit. I really enjoyed how the hotel provided a free cup of coffee, glass of co draft beer and scoop of ice cream with your stay. A nice touch. Although check in was noisy and took about 20 minutes, the staff was quite pleasant and helpful. My husband and I stayed in one of the LoDo Suites which was fantastic. We were originally booked for a different room, but were upgraded for free, which we appreciated very much. It's very spacious and well decorated. I really liked the character of the room which included the exposed beams and brick. The only downside was that there is only one window, that's a bit high up in the sitting room. There are sky lights in each of the bathrooms as well. If you aren't from Denver, the hotel is in a great location and is within walking distance of many restaurants, bars and activities. My favorite part was the Snooze breakfast, it is my favorite place to eat. We ordered in, and were delivered food to our rooms from a limited selection menu. If you haven't had Snooze before, I would highly suggest actually going to the restaurant to experience the full menu.
Now, I should have known better but there wasn't clarification around parking. We were aware that there was a $40 overnight valet fee for parking, but we were not aware that this was already charged to our room on our departure (we got an emailed receipt). As we were leaving, one of the valets ripped me off and charged me for parking too, making me think he was giving me a deal. Karma will come back for you sir! I have been to different countries and always have my guard up, but I was not expecting this in my own city. Shame on you valet. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Lodo suites have lots of character
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Cathy S,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your staycation! I know there are many options to choose from when staying downtown and I am thrilled that you chose us. I am, however, very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with valet. I have shared your review with the valet managers and they have assured me they will review the proper billing procedures for hotel guests with their teams. I would really love to be able to reimburse you for the incorrect charges. If you have a moment and would like to reach out to me with your reservation information I can make the adjustment, immediately. I would also like to hear any additional feedback you may have to offer in reference to your stay. I can be reached at 720-460-3703. Again, I truly appreciate your choosing to stay at The Crawford Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next staycation!