“Get the chickpea croquettes!”
Review of Work and Class

Work and Class
Ranked #50 of 3,111 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 August 2014

While on our own little mini food tour, we stopped in here for a drink and some apps. The bartender talked up the blue corn empanadas, so we chose those, the chickpea croquettes, and the heirloom tomato salad. We both felt the empanadas were too "blue corn" tasting and you couldn't taste any flavors of the filling. The tomato salad was really good, but the star was the chickpea croquette dish. This came with a rhubarb mustard and was awesome. I'd def return!

2  Thank christie584

Reviewed 14 August 2014

A friend and I dined at Work & Class a few days ago and had a fantastic time sharing lots of different dishes. You can order each meat in three different portions so we shared the smallest portion of the lamb, short ribs, and jerk chicken, along with the sides of jalapeño cornbread and the heirloom tomatoes. The lamb was sensational and the accompanying sauce was filled with so much flavor. The jerk chicken sauce was a close second. We topped off our entrees with the butterscotch pudding, which was a great way to end a memorable dinner. The owner was present to check on his guests and had great suggestions for our selections. The wines by the glass list was just enough to satisfy a pretty demanding palate and my friend enjoyed the beer selection. Service was attentive and the crowd was young and energetic. Definitely a place to visit in a quickly evolving fun neighborhood.

2  Thank Soonergolf
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited here to celebrate my son's birthday, my daughter chose Work and Class based on what she had heard but has been a little hesitant to try it as she is vegetarian, and many of the meats on the menu are sold by the pound. But since it was her brother's birthday, and he's a raging carnivore, she gave in. But ultimately, she didn't have to compromise at all, as the broad selection of sides are absolutely delicious, as are the meats! I had 1/4 jerk chicken, my son had the lamb sliders. Both were amazing. We had catfish tacos (on special) for appetizers and empanadas - also delicious! Our sides were cornbread, fried plantains, habanero mac and cheese and polenta. Yum yum yum! The service is particularly attentive, and the vibe upbeat and fun. I will be back with a date soon!

2  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stopped but during happy hour, and the joint was jumpin. Great vibe, but the food was a little salty. No...the food was a LOT salty! Was it to drive up drink sales? Not sure. Food was tasty, hot and very nice to look at (cool choice of plates and cups!). Everything was just a tad salty! The Shrimp Ceviche was cold and fresh with chunks of veggies and tasty shrimp. Next, we ordered some braised pork, roasted chicken and short ribs. You order by the pound, which is great! A side of rice rounded out the main course. Flavor was great, and everything was hot and fresh...but did I mention it was salty? To bad, I would have given it an excellent rating otherwise. Finishing out our meal with butterscotch pudding was also a let down: I was hoping for a creamy pudding with a real butterscotch punch, but it was somewhat bland and grainy.

Service was great! Very attentive servers and had a great time.

1  Thank lvpropguy
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I visited this restaurant with my brother and sister in law recently. It was during happy hour, so there were a lot of great food choices. We were able to try several things. I really liked decor and all the young people dining around me. The waiter was very friendly. I had lamb sliders - YUM!!

1  Thank whatsthejillio