All reviews bank building colorado national bank the concierge lounge beautiful hotel street mall lobby bar beautiful lobby meeting room sitting area nice size parking garage union station would definitely stay here again comfortable rooms club level a great stay checking out
Reviewed 29 May 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Overall the hotel was great. The lobby of the hotel was very elegant and appealing. From the moment of check-in we received great service. The rooms seemed to be recently renovated. We had a view of the parking lot next door which was one of the downsides to the hotel. We had asked our room to be next to my parents room in advance and again upon check-in but they did not listen to this request which was a bit disappointing.
Valet parking at the hotel was $40/night but there is a parking lot right next to the hotel only a few steps away that charges $26/night. However, if you end up taking the car out several times during the day and parking it again, you have to pay every time. It may be cheaper to just go with the valet parking.
The location was one of the best things about this hotel. It is right next to 16th street which contains various restaurants and shops. Great places to eat and lots of options close-by for breakfast and much-needed coffee in the morning. There is free wifi but it's REALLY REALLY slow! I deducted 0.5 point for the bad view from our room and 0.5 point for the really slow internet connection. Other than that, the hotel is great and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a good view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Maryam Y,
We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel on your recent trip to Denver. Your feedback means a lot to us and I will be sure to share your comments with our whole team. I hope you choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the ATD conference and the staff went above and beyond for me. I'm on a medically monitored diet and need to have access to a blender so they bought one for me!

Moreover, while organizing other business dinners, the concierge, Michael, was beyond helpful. He gave me so many recommendations that I shared them with other conference attendees.

The staff treats you how you want to be treated while you're away. Stay here!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Stephanie M,
It's great to hear that our team was able to accommodate your special dietary needs by providing a blender for your room. I will make sure to thank Michael for assisting you with recommendations around the area. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in the historic Colorado National Bank. They have preserved the beautiful Colorado Yule Marble Quarry marble, beautiful murals, and magnificent ceiling in the lobby. The front of the hotel, with beautiful columns on 17th St. Has not changed! The accommodations are modern with a somewhat rustic feel. Lots of little extras. Love the bathroom. Efficient and friendly employees. A 5Star hotel!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

bjking1,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Our hotel offers a lot of history and I'm glad you were able to come and check it out. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Check in was so quick and easy, we had time left before dinner to enjoy the lobby. Striking and interesting features are many in this lobby, but my eye was first caught by the murals. After a little research, I learned that the sixteen huge murals of historic scenes depicting life in the American West were installed in 1925 and painted by Allen Tupper True. The gorgeous Roman Ionic columns that frame the lobby and truly incredible ceiling detail give the hotel its iconic feel. No other hotel in the state has comparable architectural details. As it that weren’t enough, the lobby is also a showcase for some of the original bank vaults. The one near the entrance has been converted to a small meeting room and still has the 62,000-pound vault door. The lobby is home to Teller Bar. Sit in any chair and you will soon be greeted by a server and offered drinks and snacks. Illy Café is the hotel’s coffee shop and is located just off the lobby.

The suite was exceptional in every way. Our suite’s layout was conducive to the way we prefer to travel. Although the three children we brought with us (12 years, 18 years and 22 years) had their own room, they enjoy “hanging out” with us. We all enjoyed an evening movie in the suite and having a bathroom accessible from the living area instead of located inside the bedroom makes sense. The self-serve coffee and tea area in the suite plus full-size dining table made it easy to enjoy a snack together in the early evening.

The best room details for both the suite and the standard room with two queen beds were the pillow-top mattresses and quality linens. We all slept exceptionally well. A close second was the luxurious marble bathroom with incredible shower. All this and much more contribute to the hotel’s AAA Four Diamond status. Many may not realize that this distinction has to be earned and represents only 5.7% of hotels on AAA’s approved list.

We walked the short distance to the 16th Street Mall to have dinner there, but there is also an onsite restaurant, range. We sampled the habanero candied bacon for a true taste medley – sweet and savory, spicy, but not too spicy. This snack is a one-of-a-kind and should be put on your “must try” list! Also in the nearby vicinity is the Colorado Convention Center and Denver Center for the Performing Arts.

The next morning, my family and I paid a visit to the club level lounge. The lounge overlooks the lobby and has cushy seating, a large-screen TV and delicious light bites. The breakfast spread was more extensive than I expected and I enjoyed bacon, eggs and artisan oatmeal topped with raisins, nuts and cranberries. It was simply delicious. Our 12-year-old focused on the fruit and pastries. There was something delicious for everyone.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Lori M,
We were so glad that we were able to host you and your family recently while in Denver! We are very thankful for the great review you posted on TripAdvisor as this will help us in becoming one of the best hotels in Denver. I will be sure to share your feedback with our whole team and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Beautiful building -- an old Bank with vaults and all. Great location; close to many shops and restaurants. The rooms were decent and clean. Customer service was excellent. They were very helpful in suggesting good restaurants and making reservations. Would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

pceci2016,
Thank you for the great feedback you provided us! We take great pride in helping our guests navigate the city to find all the hidden gems. We look forward to seeing you again soon!