“Good lunch. I’d go back. ”
Review of Acorn

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 33rd
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here not long after we arrived in town. Space is nice, but I always live the “upscale food court” thing. My husband is a connoisseur if ginger beer, so he was excited to get their homemade ginger beer which turned out to remind us both more of limonada from Mexico than of ginger beer. I got the Tea Time drink (mixed non-alcoholic beverage) which came served in a martini style glass. For $6 and no alcohol there should really be more volume given to that drink. It was good but I would have loved it in a regular glass with ice (and more of it).
For food we ordered the Monk fish which was served with chickpeas, corn and greens. My husband said it was good and reminded him of an Indian dish we had somewhere before. I ordered the Korean grilled chicken sandwich with homemade tater tots. Be advised that ALL burgers and sandwiches come as “double”, so expect two chicken breasts or two patties. The sandwich was ok. Bun fell apart and the rest was messy. Good flavors but required fork/knife to eat. Tots were good with homemade ketchup.
Would go again. Good drink menu and food menu appears to change weekly.

1  Thank rebswifty16

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Happy Denver Anniversary. We were celebrating our first year in Denver with a good friend from out of town. We decided on Acorn based on the reviews and the fact we had never been to the Source.

First of all, can't believe I have never been to the Source. What great space. Definitely will head back to check the other places out as well.

Service was great. Starting with the fact that I accidentally reserved a table for 2 instead of 4 on a Friday night. I found this out the day before when they texted to confirm the reservation. When I called back, they immediately helped me fix the situation.

The building is beautiful. An industrial feel, but light and airy. We were seated close to the outdoors, but not outside. It was perfect temperature - the best of both worlds.

We went family style- ordering eight plates for four of us. All that I tasted were wonderful. I passed on the beef tartare and duck confit - but my dining companions said they were great. We were a bit nervous about ordering them all at once, but the kitchen and our waiter did a great job sequencing them so we were always nibbling.

First out was asparagus and peas. Sooooo delicious. Then on to the pretzel - who can turn down the home-made pretzel. The broccoli sauce was super interesting. The other big stand-out was shrimp and grits.

I will definitely be back to the Source, but also Acorn. Delicious meal and reasonable prices, especially for the quality.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Excellent, food, servic, drinks, decor....what more do you want for an upscale casual fun place to eat and drink. The craft cocktails are well done and the wine list is above average. This place can get noisy on Friday and Saturday nights as it gets busy.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The Acorn is on the way to the airport for us, so we eat here for dinner on the way to pick up guests or bring our guests here after we pick them up. We're quite fond of the roasted chicken for two (usually preceded by a yummy pretzel appetizer), but have enjoyed numerous small plates, as well. The food is always delicious and the servers helpful. Careful attention is paid to any food allergies or preferences. My only gripe is that the noise level is a bit high for a restaurant where one is meant to linger in conversation over their food and drink -- I might prefer to time my next meal when patio dining would be suitable.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Located in a converted warehouse in an industrial neighborhood, Acorn is one of several restaurants in the Source building. It is a bit out of the way, from both downtown and our airBnB but worth the trip.

The cooking is done over a wood fire. We had the pretzel, kale salad, yams and meatballs, followed by two of the sorbet selections. Although all were tasty and are recommended, the kale salad was the star of the show. There are a few large plates of protein meant for sharing. We weren’t that hungry but were wowed by the presentation of the half chicken ordered by our neighbors.

Service was helpful without being fussy and all the staff cleared plates and refreshed our (complimentary still or sparkling) water without asking. The setting is lively and sophisticated, open and airy with view-of-the-mountains outdoor seating and urban indoor space.

Recommended.