“Dinner before concert”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,134 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Come see why steak lovers are on a mile-high high in Denver. As the Zagat Guide praised, you’ll find “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day” at The Capital Grille. We’re centrally located in historic Larimer Square, just a few blocks’ walk from the Convention Center and Coors Field as well as the Denver Center for The Performing Arts. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to succumb to the urge for the perfect steak.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favorites; always great service and food. We started with the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella drizzled with a balsamic glaze, crab cakes and shrimp; perfect for our party of 6. The steaks were all prepared exactly like ordered and were served hot. My sister was the steak winner, as she had the ribeye crusted with porcini and aged balsamic. While my filet was great, hers was hands-down the best flavor on the table! The scallops we're flavorful and a match with my filet. The staff was conscious of our time frame and very accommodating. The valet even stayed late, as the concert was about an hour longer than anticipated, Faith and Tim were fabulous!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just had dinner at the Capital Grille celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. It was amazing from start to finish! The service was phenomenal, as was the food and wine. We were put in a lovely semi private room that is obviously set aside for parties celebrating different events as we had a couple next to us celebrating their 39th anniversary and another couple that got engaged while we were there. Our table had a nice card from the restaurant on it upon our arrival and we were served a complimentary glass of some very tasty champagne. We ordered the calamari for appetizer and it was delicious. For our entries we got the sliced oscar filet with lump crab meat and the Kona crusted aged NY strip. Both amazing. My filet melted in your mouth like butter. We also ordered the soy glazed brussel sprouts with bacon and the parmesan truffle fries as our sides to share and they were also wonderful. In the summer Capital Grille has a wine event called the generous pour and we decided to go with that for our drinks. Such a great value and fun experience. They pair your courses with seven different choice wines, three whites and four reds, all rated 90 points or above. And you can have as much as you desire all for $28 per person. The generous pour was definitely a fitting name! My husband and I both had to stop them from giving us more wine at the end as they literally continue to refill your glass until you have them stop. I suggest pacing yourself if you want to enjoy them all. By the time I got to my red wines, I was only able to taste a sip of each of them as I had drank my limit for sure! But such a wonderful evening of outstanding food, drink, and service! We will definitely be back for future anniversary celebrations! Highly highly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Great steaks great service but to expensive for what you get. Appetizers are awesome we got three different ones and all where great

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Capital Grille never fails. Wherever the branch is located, it serves great food consistently. Steaks rule here, so my New York strip, asparagus and spinach sides, preceded by oysters did it for me. The whole party had a great time as always.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Recently, my husband and I journeyed to Denver for concert, and ate at the restaurants in Larimer Square, in Denver. We stopped in the Capital Grille for late coffee after a disappointing dinner also at Larimer. Immediately we regretted not eating at the Capital Grille earlier. We knew we would need a late night dinner after the concert ending the following night, and spoke with the Host to check the last reservation. The Host was beyond helpful, told us exactly when to arrive after the concert to make sure the kitchen was open. He was reassuring that they would have the kitchen open and expect us close to 11 PM. We made it! He remembered us, and to our good fortune put us at Mark's (waiter) table. The food was really amazing, in fact the best meal of our stay in Denver. But what made the evening truly special was the attentiveness of Mark, and the graciousness of the Host. The restaurant was energetic way past our arrival. Never did Mark hurry us or make us feel we were holding him up. Some times, it is the people that make the restaurant. IN this case, the winning combination of elegant atmosphere, wonderful food, and incredible people - we will be back!