“Great food, great location.”
Review of Jax Fish House

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 17th & Wazee
Transit: Union Station, Light Rail and Market St Bus Depot are all less than 2 blocks away!
Description: The longstanding LoDo favorite serves up the ocean's freshest and finest, ranked Top 25 Best Seafood Restaurants in America by Travel + Leisure Magazine. The Jax crew sources dock-to-door and works closely with local farmers and purveyors on a daily basis. Consistently named the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Denver", Jax LoDo continues to exceed expectations. Come in and experience what unconditional hospitality feels like!
Reviewed 9 July 2018

In the heart of the LoDo neighborhood, just a few blocks from Coors Field. Very busy, but found outside seating. Had a great meal of mussels, clams, and fish. Good service. Very nice experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Upon our arrival to Denver, we were curious to find an Oyster Happy Hour. We didn't think we would find one, but Jax came up. Off we went ! The oysters were SUPER !!!! So clean and fresh, and perfectly shucked !!! Also part of the happy house was fried calamari. The bartender said, oh you gotta try the fried calamari !!! That was good enough for me !! It was AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!! SO GOOD, that we had to get another one !!! Upon my next trip to Denver, this is definitely worth the return trip !!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

What a great find. Best seafood more than 200 miles from a large body of water. went for happy hour and everything was fresh and delicious. The east coast oysters were as good as on Long Island where I grew up. Friendly, busy, happening place. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This place food is amazing,me and my fiancé ate here two straight days.We both had the cornbread and pick and peel shrimp,I had the tuna which is the best I ever had (I’ve had tuna from a lot of places) the key lime pie is to die for with the lime sorbet and coconut candy.This place is simply amazing the vibe is perfect with lite music playing in the background and a really clean atmosphere.Floyd was a maestro with the food,Alex makes you feel right at home and the rest of the crew are polite and awesome.Anytime I come to Colorado I’ll be here.I wish I could find a place in Philly like this that has an awesome group of guys and amazing fresh seafood all in the same building.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My wife & I were in Denver for a few days. We walked by Jax Fish House on the way to Union Station and it looked like a place we might want to try. We did the following night.

The best way to describe the atmosphere of this place is it’s a bar that serves great seafood.

There is an island bar that runs the full length of the restaurant, with stools all the way around it, and tables beyond the bar and outside on the sidewalk. At the end closest to the entry is the raw bar where they’re husking oysters, shrimp, crab & lobster. Beyond that is the adult beverage portion of the bar. They have a nice wine list, as well as an extensive selection of local draft beers.

As we had reservations, we sat at a table just behind the bar. Service was prompt. We ordered a couple of Old Fashions- nicely done.

For food we had clam chowder made to order, wedge salad, Black Sea bass special, and their corn bread. All were very good. To top it off we had their version of key lime pie. It too was very good.

Great atmosphere & food made for a memorable evening. Highly recommend.

Been to Jax Fish House? Share your experiences!