“Fine wines and tapas!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grape
Transit: 15 and 15L stops at Glencoe
Reviewed 26 June 2016

n Denver, we learned, if you want to dine at most of their highly-rated establishments you must reserve several days in advance. But careful searching on TripAdvisor revealed this gem--and they have capacity. So on our final night in Denver we had a gracious and tasteful conclusion to a great day.

On this occasion the weather was pleasant and their patio was full of happy diners; we'd been outside much of the day and opted for indoors. The restaurant is sited in an area of Denver that might be called transitional--there are a wide range of stores along this street, the residential neighborhoods seem upscale and mostly African-American. The restaurant parking lot is small and we resorted to convenient on-street parking nearby. Dining room is in deep colors apt for their Latino style with some rustic elements; I wonder, if they're crowded inside, if the noise level goes to too loud?

The wait staff was pollshed and deeply knowledgeable. In the mood for a bottle of good red wine, we selected a high-mountain Malbec from Argentina, it was a great accompaniment to our dinner of shared tapas plates. Their tapas are pretty generous, not just small single-snack plates as you might find elsewhere. The waitress wondered what order we'd want them in, and we said to just bring them as they're ready.

Our first was a charcuterie board. You can order as many items as you wish from their list; we opted for serrano ham, a Hudson Fog goat cheese from California, and the house-brined olives. All excellent; they went well together on flatbread with a little fig jam, or separately, and the olives were so fresh and firm I am pretty sure they brined them that afternoon,

We followed with a couple of the day's specials. A salad of greens, watermelon, pine nuts, machengo cheese, candied radish--fantastic. A marrow bone, which our waitress explained was to be consumed by taking a bit of the bread, applying a dollop of the berry-rhubarb jam, adding a b it of salad greens, and topping with a schmear of the marrow. It deserved a award!

Patatas bravas next: a potato salad made spicy with some sliced chorizo, aioli on the side. Another great tapas dish for us to love.

I am glad that many places are offering cheese as a dessert option, and so we shared three nice varieties that came with good jams and honey-roasted peanuts (palate cleanser). I paired it with a little Amontillado sherry, my wife a 19-year tawny port.

I am rather happy that we failed to make reservations elsewhere in time; I could not have been happier with this dinner.

1  Thank TR26

Reviewed 14 June 2016

We met with family from out of town at Solera, a Spanish restaurant with tapas, paella, etc. It has a nice atmosphere, pleasant wait staff, and a nice outside dining area. The tapas were very good. We tried about four of therm. My wife and I were not crazy about the paella. It was pretty tasty (I thought), but quite soupy. More like a bouillabaisse with rice. Anyway, overall, we would go again.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Service was fine. Just somewhat pretentious - a lot of blue hair patrons. Farmer's board was rather skimpy. Thai calamari was fine - good size sharing portion, pretty crisp, not too spicy... Albondingas chewy. Octopus pretty good tender.... Truffle fries were undistinguished. Roast sprouts I can make at home better. Best was the arugula salad. Paella - somewhat dry.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

So much good about this place. The calamari is outstanding. I am a big fan of the red sangria. tapas options are great, and even better with an egg across the top

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Solera is a Very nice small restaurant in Denver. The wine selection was great. Good selection of traditional and modern tapas. Excellent seafood. They also have steak, pork and chicken dishes.