“Truly authentic ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

On our visit, we had enchiladas, tacos, a burrito, a torta and rice and beans! Perfection doesn't describe the flavors. Cooked perfectly, seasoned great, super fresh...I could go on and on. Green chili was spot on, perfectly spicy. My daughters scarfed down their taco plates! The bread on the torta was beyond amazing. Definitely recommend this place for their food and "hole in the wall" charm. Wear your stretchy pants!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I have eaten here on a number of occasions because it was convenient to my travel. Here is my aggregate view based over a number of these visits.

1) The food is below average to average. It is hit or miss based on whomever is cooking. I never walk out thinking, "Wow, I cannot wait to come back here." The chili verde is bland and watery. Almost everything is buried in refried beans.

2) The people are never friendly and always border on unpleasant to rude. I cannot remember one time when I ever saw anyone of the employees smile, on any level.

3) Poor hygiene. The final point, which was very evident today, is that the employees do not appear to practice good hygiene. I never saw anyone wash their hands. They clean tables and dirty dishes and then serve food. They eat food while standing next to the food preparation. Not good.

Shame on me for continuing to go there. No more.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

If you're looking for some legit Mexican Food in the heart of Denver then look no further! This place has a bit of everything and has an authentic feel to it. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner and even a late night snack after a night on the town. If you like burritos you can't pass up the chile relleno burrito. It rocks! One quirky thing to note is that you order at the counter, then they bring you your food and then you go back into pay after your done. A little bit awkward of a process but I guess it works for them!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

El Taco de Mexico is a small restaurant at the corner of 7th and Santa Fe in the Art District. There is counter, booth and patio seating.

The menu is focused on tacos and burritos with a large selection of meats. The seasoned pork burrito was large and contained rice, beans and sauce. It was smothered with a spicy sauce and a sprinkle of cheese.

The prices are reasonable. The service is fast and friendly. The restaurant is spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This little Mexican restaurant is the bomb. It's nothing fancy but it's exactly what I was wanting. I got the burrito especial with pork green chili and it was amazing. Definitely recommend this place for some casual Mexican at an affordable price.