“Good Sushi- new take on Crab Soup”

Blue Sushi Sake Grill
Ranked #56 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wazee
Description: Fresh and energetic, Blue Sushi Sake Grill serves fun sushi! You will enjoy a dining experience infused with flavor and spirited atmosphere. A large maki, sashimi and nigiri menu complements Asian-inspired cold plates, hot plates, entrees, soups, desserts and an extensive premium sake menu. We offer weekday Sushi Lunch Specials and daily Happy Hour specials!
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I enjoyed the Crab and Corn soup-which was elegantly presented with a side of tempura baby corn and some faux crab. The soup had great flavor. I had a spider roll- with soft shelled fried crab and avocado - great flavors and a beautiful presentation. Service was good, my waitress was very attentive.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

I recently had lunch at Blue Sushi and was very impressed. The ambiance and service were both great, but the lunch special was extra great. For between $11-15 you can get an awesome combo of either two makis, a maki and a nigiri, or a maki and 3 pieces of sashimi. That's all fine and dandy for the price point but usually when you're getting that good of a deal the variety and quality are compromised. That was not the case at Blue Sushi. Most of their speciality rolls were on the list of maki you could select from and they all sounded delicious. The 3 pieces of salmon sashimi I got were great, high-quality cuts and a generous portion. I was just really pleased with the entire experience!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

This place is gorgeous. Location near 16th street mall makes it perfect for an after dinner stroll. Food is heavenly. Service is 5 star. Cocktails are delicious. Prices are very reasonable... Why aren't you making a reservation yet??

My husband and I drove to Denver from South Dakota to celebrate our anniversary and we wanted one night to have a really fun dinner. Wow did we find it!! The food was absolutely incredible but our server, Dustin made the evening a real "experience." I felt like a rock star. We told him our budget, let him know we didn't have food restrictions and he just started serving us all this amazing food!! I didn't hardly look at the menu!

We had an appetizer that featured huge hot stones that slowly cooked filet mignon pieces to perfection. We enjoyed the best nigiri and tuna I've ever had-- and our favorite was the "cherry bomb" -- make sure to buy this. I miss it already.

We also had several sushi rolls that were all amazing. We suggested they rename the "Cowgirl" roll to "Witchcraft" because it's insane that an all veggie roll tastes exactly like a delicious hamburger (SERIOUSLY!). The tidal wave was also delicious.

Dustin just kept popping up with more and more perfect food and refilling the water-- which had thinly sliced cucumber in it-- It was amazing and two hours flew by. We ended with a chocolate spring roll with this raspberry ice cream... it was ridiculous.

I can't oversell this place enough. GO.

OFTEN.

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

First and foremost, the food was phenomenal. Every roll that was delivered to the table was delicious. We probably ordered about 10 different options, and each one had their own unique style and taste about them. The fish tasted fresh, and each ingredient had something to complement the palette. Our server, I think his name was Jack or Jake, was good. He had great suggestions, and went along with my brother's sarcastic sense of humor. Being a server is hard, and I know this because I am one. He accidentally messed something up, but took responsibility of his actions, and ended up buying two of our appetizers. We also got an extra Hawaiian roll out of the situation. Needless to say, I think he handled the situation more than professional. Over all, everything was excellent, and I'm sure I can speak for the group that we'll all be back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Great lunch place esp if you are in a hurry. Creative rolls, very fresh, but be aware servers are in a hurry, so come armed with knowledge of the menu or an idea of the sushi you want. Was bummed they were out of seaweed salad, but there was plenty of sushi to choose from. For the budget conscious, lunch specials include soup or salad. Convenient location on the 16th street mall.