“Oh the baby back ribs! ”

Russell's Smokehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 3,438 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th on Larimer
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Came here with my husband and ordered the fried pickles and the baby back ribs appetizer (it was app happy hour). The pickles were good but the ribs were outstanding. They have seasoning on them but there are 3 sauces on the table for you to put on yourself. They were delicious. We then ordered the combo plate to share and got the chimichurri zucchini and squash as a side. The combo had pulled pork, chicken and brisket. Everything was very tasty. The server was friendly but she left us hanging a long time waiting to order and we waited awhile for our main course. Overall though this place is good. More upscale bbq place, definately not a paper towels on the table and get your hands dirty kind of place.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This is a quaint, relatively quiet place in the basement off Latimer. The BBQ brisket and brunt ends combo wasn't on the menu but the waiter said the kitchen could handle it. Brunt ends were exceptional, the Brisket a bit dry. Overall service was excellent by the one meal I had this place is a good value.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My director, assistant director, a guest, & I were going to eat here while on a business trip. We called to make reservations, my boss clearly asked for a reservation for 4 and instructed the female employee who answered the phone that 1 of the 4(myself) is in a wheelchair and asked if they could accommodate us. She said, "oh yes, its not not a problem." After an hour or so, I'm assuming a manager calls my boss and informs him that they have no way to get me in the business as they do not have a accessible entrance as they only have a stairway entrance to go down into Tue restaurant. How in the world in 2017 do you own and operate a business that is not ADA compliant or have any disabled/wheelchair access. And no where on any website does it state this fact. I am greatly dissatisfied at this business and how they have no access for people who suffer from some form of a disability. I will be reporting to the local BBB and any other authroity.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We were all hungry and decided on sharing plates. Ordered Fried Japepenos, Sausage Plate, Baby Back Ribs, Burnt Ends sandwich, Pulled Port sandwich. All met our expectations, delicious. Too much food to eat at one sitting.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I really wanted some barbecue, and decided I'd try it for lunch. Service was very quick, the brisket sandich special with slaw and fried sweet potatoes was well worth the price. I also enjoyed fresh-made ginger beer. Three different barbecue sauces (Texas sweet, habanero, and Carolina mustard) were offered; the meat was smoked with a tasty dry-rub, so no sauce was needed, but all three were quite good (especially the two red sauces combined).

Been to Russell's Smokehouse? Share your experiences!