“excellant ribs”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: Hillstone offers a refined casual dining experience in a rich atmosphere. Enjoy our made-from-scratch interpretations of American classics or try our freshly-rolled sushi. Join us in the Cherry Creek neighborhood where we feature live jazz nightly. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Very popular with bar or table seating. Somewhat loud, but good menu, good service and really good food. The ribs are famous around here.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

A 25 minute wait, turned into 45 minutes. Once seated we noticed there were 6 tables empty. Sad way to treat paying customers, paying a lot. My once favorite crab cakes in the world were laden with salt. Should have sent them back. Sorry to see this once very fine restaurant going down hill. Staff very unaccommodating. 6-1-2017. Something has changed.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Recently had a wonderful large lunch at Hillstone in Cherry Creek North in Denver. The decor is spotless and warm. The service...almost with military precision. The food and drink exceeded expectation. Lots to choose from. A very nice fresh seafood menu but I had to try the BBQ ribs. Great choice. Good idea to call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Hello,
First and foremost, I would like to say that I have been a regular customer at Hillstone Restaurants around the United States for the past 5 years. I have been to several locations on countless occasions and always returned because of the excellent customer service and above average food.
This week, I made reservations to celebrate my 30th birthday with 7 of my closest friends for 8 PM on Friday May 19th. We arrived well before the 8 PM reservation. I was informed that we would be seated shortly, however, the tables would not be next to each other. We agreed to wait for adjoining tables, as it was a birthday celebration and did not want to have my friends displaced.
We then proceeded to order a few rounds of drinks at the bar. As we realized we were in the way of the servers, we decided to move to the outdoor patio. Mind you, it was 35 degrees outside. We patiently waited outside, in the cold, until 8:40 PM. When we decided to check up on the status of the tables, the hostess in the blue shirt gave me and my guests attitude. They were talking amongst themselves about us and giving us less than inviting looks. She was not looking into resolving the situation for us; she was looking down upon us condescendingly. I was approached by a manager who attempted to find out about the situation, but seemed to make excuses for the staff's behavior. I asked for everyone's names on several occasions and my request was not granted. When the manager was speaking to another employee right next to us, they were talking about us and glared at us condescendingly. I was then approached by a gentleman in a chef's coat, who, again did not provide his name or the name of the employees I had previously requested. He did not make an attempt to appease the situation, instead, he said he would speak with the employee. At this point, it was almost 9 PM and my guests and I wanted to sit down and eat.
Because of the lack of accommodation and demeaning attitude by your staff, we decided to dine elsewhere. As we were leaving, the very kind, blonde hostess, who was wearing all black, FINALLY gave me everyone's names. The other hostess's name was Lauren and the inept and patronizing manager's name was Jamie.

As you may imagine, it was impossible to find a restaurant that could accommodate 8 guests on a Friday night at 9 PM. Not only has your staff managed to ruin one of my favorite dining experiences (I am a fan of your Hawaiian Rib Eye), you also managed to ruin my birthday celebration. We did not even receive an apology.

I regret ever deciding to dine at Hillstone to celebrate my 30th birthday just to have my guests be blatantly disrespected by your staff. We were prepared to spend a lot of money on dinner and cocktails, however, I will not be a patron of an establishment whose staff treats their "guests" in such a manner, especially the ones who plan ahead and make reservations.

1  Thank Vickie A
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

I like this place a lot and it is a must in Denver. Easy and perfect. Nice atmosphere and care about details.

Been to Hillstone? Share your experiences!