“Así me gusta este lugar”

Tarasco's Mexican Food
Ranked #485 of 3,109 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Camarones tostada y Tamales de elote again delicious. The tamale seemed a little sweet almost dessert like. And they have hot tea now yay!-)

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Yes, it is next to a dispensary. No, it isn't the greatest part of town.

The food is great and I keep going back. My mother asks to go here every time she visits. I usually get the pozole but I've not had anything bad here, mole sauce, carnitas, street tacos. The food is above average compared to other Mexican eateries in town. It is a little mild and depending on who is waiting on you, the service can be so, so. I have occasionally wondered if it is because I'm not spanish speaking but I don't need overly attentive service as long as the food is consistent and quality and they win on that aspect.

Also, for being a whole-in-the-wall it is clean. They obviously care about their restaurant.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

We know about "dives". We have an authentic hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that we love near our home in California. But the flavors offered here were totally different. My husband is a Chile Relleno afficiando, he loved the one offered here even though it was very different. The sauce was red, the breading very light. He said it was delicious. I had the 7 Chile Mole with carnitas. I've never tried mole before but if it tastes everywhere the same as this did I will make it my mainstay.

I must say we are lovers of spicy Mexican food. This food was very mild but the flavor was there.

However, there were two disappointments. The salsa brought out with the chips as we entered had very little flavor and definitely no bite. And the food was served on plastic platters so it didn't remain hot during the entire meal. A heavy stoneware would eliminate that problem.

Service was quick and with a genuine charm. Give this hole-in-the-wall a try, I think you'll find it worth you while.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

I tried the tamal oaxaqueño, this time. it's open face tamale with mole (I swear I tasted cinnamon) served on a banana leaf. my friend Craig had the chile Relleno burrito also excellent. I guess it's what you consider a hole in the wall. but the food is just too wonderful. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. a must do for out-of-town guests....

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

Food was excellent. Best guacamole I've ever had! Chicken mole was rich and perfect. Also the people are very nice as we came busting in with a stroller and cranky baby, and they were very accommodating. This is definitely a small hole in the wall which was extremely comforting to us. Nothing fussy just great food and genuine service!

Been to Tarasco's Mexican Food? Share your experiences!