“Homerun for cholon”

ChoLon Modern Asian
Reserve with OpenTable
ChoLon Modern Asian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$75
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16th St
Transit: RTD Transfer station on 16th and Market, one block away.
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at ChoLon. The weird chip bread thing they serve is boooooommmmb! I could eat twenty of those things. No idea what it is but damn it’s good. We had the pork belly buns, the buns were so soft and amazing. We also had the soup dumplings which were delightfully cheesy. We shared the lemongrass ribs and the pork Brussel sprouts. Definitely a good meal and everything is served as a sharing style. We had the peach sorbet for dessert and it was a tantalizing taste experience. However.. my husband did have the Cho RUNS after his meal lol

Date of visit: August 2018
Michael B, Maître d' at ChoLon Modern Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thanks for coming in, I'm glad you enjoyed your meal so much. The "weird chip bread thing" is a lentil papadum cracker, served with a kasundi tomato-chili jam.
Hope you can make it back in soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

A friend took my wife and I to ChoLon. By coincidence other friends of ours had also recommended it to us. We shared the soup dumplings, kaya toast, lobster crepes, lemongrass ribs and wok calamari. Each of the dishes was outstanding and I would be hard pressed to name a favorite. Our waiter was very attentive and allowed us to sample two wines before we decided on which bottle to order. We would definitely plan on returning to this establishment should our travel plans bring us to Denver again.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thanks Irwin. You've obviously got good taste in friends, as they've got good taste in food (and they take you out to dinner)!
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal so much. We'd love to see you any time you're in Denver, hope you make it back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Never eaten anything like this, tastes and spices are mixed in a very innovative way. Each of the plates we took were excellent and if we happen to be back in Denver just for one night, this is certainly the reastaurant we'd go to.

1  Thank Elia C

Thanks so much for coming in Elia. I'm glad we've made your shortlist of things to do in Denver. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This is a real gem of a restaurant. If you are in downtown Denver you must eat at this place. There are lots of great small plate options, each one more delicious than the last.

Date of visit: August 2018
Michael B, Maître d' at ChoLon Modern Asian, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks Steve, glad you enjoyed everything. Hope to see you back in soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The first hint was the lack of Asians in the kitchen. But the food was simply wrong. They never got the spices right. Either the dishes were totally bland or over spiced (and I don't mean spicy, just too much of each flavor) to the point of being I edible. Perhaps the menu could be called Asian (un) inspired, but certainly not Asian. A terrible disappointment.