“Food was delicious”

Ranked #224 of 3,483 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We had 6 adults + 1 infant. We ordered Peking duck (delicious and reasonable), honey walnut shrimp, garlic Choi sum, scallop/seafood soup, beef with scallions, chicken pan fried noodles, sweet/sour pork. I was thrilled because the flavors are what we're used to. They also had tanks with fish, crab, eels as well. I would like to give their dim sum a try but I'm coming back to this restaurant what we visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Went here for my husband's birthday. He is Chinese and has eaten dim sum all over the world. I have been eating dim sum for 6 years. I adored everything I had. He thought everything was well above average, but not the absolute best he's ever had. We both agreed it was the best dim sum we've had since we moved to Denver and we will be back.

1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The Dim sum is excellent, with the carts going around. The quality was good and even though I have seen a greater selection in other parts of the world, they did allow me to special order an item.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were recommended this place by a friend in FtC. A bit wary of the recommendation, dimsum in Denver?, we went anyway in the middle of a fall snowstorm no less!

We were pleasantly surprised - the dim sum here rivals some of the better restaurants in Bay Area (the taste, not the restaurant's setting or location, which is nondescript and located in a strip mall). Not as delicate as the ones in Hong Kong or Singapore, the taste nevertheless is pretty authentic and not so "fusionised" to local tastes. Go with a larger group as they have lots of varieties but unfortunately, there was just the 2 of us with limited space to eat everything! The price is reasonable too for the dishes, the total for the 2 of us was about $30 before tax and tips.

Lastly, go earlier before peak hours - we were there at 1130am in the morning in a snowstorm, and by the time we left, there was a queue out the door, despite the weather!

1  Thank greenham01
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I do not understand the 5 star reviews of this restaurant. Being from the Northwest, I grew up with amazing AUTHENTIC Asian inspired food. The food at Star Kitchen is disgusting. Would not go again EVER.

1  Thank bajathecat

Been to Star Kitchen? Share your experiences!