“My favorite Downtown Restaurant!”

Kachina Southwestern Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kachina Southwestern Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 3,110 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: Kachina is a free-spirited, modern Southwestern grill providing an escape in the LoDo district of Denver. Kachina’s inspiration is found in the Four Corners region of Southwest America. Guests are welcomed to a native-inspired space that is a modern interpretation of the airy and relaxing textures of the Southwest, as well as the magic that happens when you combine an Airstream camper, an open fire and a spirited culture. Go on an adventurous culinary roadtrip with dishes that represent the Southwest like pork posole rojo and the seven different types of Navajo tacos with Native American fried bread. Kachina’s butcher program reenforces our respect for the land in that the whole animal is used in the most creative and succulent manner, while our partnerships with Native American tribes and exploration of their unique Southwestern ingredients brings a whole new layer of spice and originality to our menu. Continue your journey with a smoky margarita or other selection from our thoughtful wine list, local and regional craft brews, inspired cocktails and agua frescas, or the impressive collection of artisan agave spirits. Taste what happens when the open road is roamed alongside authentically prepared Southwestern food, fresh margaritas and sipping tequila, and, of course, great friends. Kachina: Get back to the land. Get back to the Southwest.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I always have wonderful experiences at Kachina! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Highly recommend the Bison Empanadas, Sonora Navajo Taco, and the grits. Seriously, the grits are life changing.
Want to give a special shout out to Mars.! I had family visiting from Virginia and our server, Mars, made the whole experience so special. She was very patient and accommodating even though our orders were somewhat complicated. All the the staff members were delightful. The in-laws were impressed so I am very grateful to the team for making the evening a big hit!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great vibe with cool indoor/outdoor seating and bar area. Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Would eat here again

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Southwestern menu for foodies! If you want to experience new flavors, you should check this place out. The tacos were wrapped in something that resembled a pancake and I got the chicken and pork versions. Both were delicious. The only negative about serving the tacos in such a wrapping is that the sauce makes them a it soggy and they ultimately fell apart in my hands before I was finished. It made me try to eat them faster. My suggestion is to use utensils to eat them. We also ordered the meat and cheese plates, as well as the salsa and Guac apps. These were all pretty good. The cheeses were very good, the guacs and salsas were decent.

The atmosphere was pretty upbeat and fun. Since it is right outside of Coors Field, it is really a great place to be before seeing the Rockies play.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Food was very good kind of new wave Mexican. Waiters were very attentive. Drinks were good one appetizer was 3 types of guacamole. 2 were very good the third was way too hot.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

What a cool restaurant! My friends and I ate here a few weeks ago. They have only been open for a short time but I have a feeling that, once the kinks are worked out, this restaurant will be outstanding. The menu is brilliant. TRUE southwestern cuisine. Not Mexican- real SOUTHWESTERN. This restaurant would be perfect in Santa Fe! The drink menu is lots of fun. Some wait time for the cocktails and some inconsistencies in flavor (my friend's sangria wasn't great, but our margaritas and cocktails were excellent), but this is an area that's easy to improve on. Our appetizers (ceviche and trio of guacamoles were excellent). The kitchen was having trouble with our trout order (which eventually came in an amazing presentation but was under seasoned), so they sent out some yummy navajo tacos (the beef one was a little over spicy). My filtes entree was amazing with the gratin potatoes. My friend had the bison and she really enjoyed it. We were too full for dessert. Our service was excellent and the restaurant has a really cool energy. I will definitely return and wish this place the best! It is rare to fin authentic southwestern cooking in an upscale format. Enjoy a drink at the hotel bar while you're there!