“Great location in downtown Denver.”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #69 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice hotel in downtown Denver. I had never been to this city, and found the location perfect for walking to many great places. The breakfast was great and the rooms spacious and priced well below others in the area. Safe, with room key access needed for elevator.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed here about 3 weeks on business. I didn't have much free time at the hotel so can't rate the pool. Beds were very comfortable and the rooms are like small apartments. Full kitchens, plenty of space to eat and couches to relax. High speed internet worked great. Rates here are very good. This hotel is close to many things in Denver so good place to stay if you are going to baseball or football games. They have a free shuttle that will take you just about any place downtown you want to go. They have laundry machines and provide detergent and dryer sheets free at the front desk. The breakfast is very good. Hot scrambled eggs and waffles every morning along with some kind of potatoes and meat. They have yogurt along with plenty of stuff to put in it such as fruit and granola. The breakfast employees are wonderful and always greet you and ask about your day. They have light meals on Mon-Wed evenings along with beer and wine. The evening employees are just as good. They greet you warmly and engage you in conversation if you so like. A couple of times I had very long days and got there just as they were closing and the employee brought me an extra drink before she started closing up.
The staff quickly and happily responded to all my needs, from emailing me receipts for expense reports to rekeying my card if it did not work (only happened twice during 3 weeks so that is pretty darn good). They also had some great recommendations for food that was close by to a great pizza delivery place.
I will definately stay here again when in Denver on business.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Other than the construction that precludes an afternoon nap, it's a fabulous hotel! Great apartment like rooms for a great value! The rooms are lovely and the cleaning service is thorough. Just check if they're still under construction if you're planning a visit. And don't count on the pool, it's tiny.

• Stayed: July 2011
denverdtdos, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! Our spacious suites and convenient location are indeed a great value in downtown Denver.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the construction noise. We will be completing the renovations by mid-October, so I hope you will visit us after that to see our many improvements. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel in early August 2011. All in all, my wife and I both agreed that we would each rate this hotel 3 stars out of 5.

As has already been mentioned on here, there is construction currently taking place on this site. From the looks of it, they are completely updating the exterior of all of the buildings. I presume they're also updating the building interiors as well? Our room was on part of the site that was away from the construction. Since we were here on a weekend, there was not any construction work that took place on the days we were at the hotel, so construction noise was not an issue.

We didn't use the pool, but it did look pretty small. We had brought swimsuits with us on this trip, but upon seeing the size of the pool, we decided against it.

The good:
-Breakfast was decent. I enjoyed the make-your-own waffles each morning, and they had a very good selection of waffle toppings (syrup, strawberries, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, etc.).
-Good location to the interstate. The hotel was literally a minute drive off the I-25 exit. Highway noise was not an issue on the property.
-Free WIFI internet access.
-Beds were comfortable.

The not-so-good:
-We had a standard room on the ground floor of the hotel. The first night we were there, I was kept awake for about 30 minutes due to footsteps in the room above us. I believe the guests staying above us had a younger child with them, and it sounded like the child was running around quite a bit while we were trying to sleep. For any of you looking to stay here, because of this noise, I would recommend asking for a room on the second floor.
-Housekeeping didn't come until nearly 4:00pm on our second day. When we arrived back at our room around 3:30pm that afternoon to clean up, maid service had not yet been to our room (disappointing).

The average:
-Room interior. Rooms are solid, but they are a bit dated and could use an update. While we never turned on our TV, it was the non-flat screen type.

All-in-all, considering we paid around $100/nt to stay here, I guess it was worth it at that price. Anything much higher than that, I think I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We're sorry that the noise from the guests above you prevented a good night sleep and that the housekeeping service was not timely.

Our $3 million renovation will include the interiors and will have 32" LCD high definition televisions, so hopefully you will be able to stay with us again soon to see the improvements. We will also be striving to improve our service and housekeeping process so that you will rate us 5 out of 5 next time!

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback to help us improve.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just off I-25 and Speer this is one of the worse Residence Inn I have ever stayed at. It is old, has bums outside on the road near the property. My wife has had to stay here for business that is just a block away and she hates it when she is booked here. The staff is very good and friendly that is why it got 2 stars the rest of the place is a dump. The bed is the only thing that has been upgraded since it has been built. The breakfast is not fit for a dog let alone people.
I am usually not a negative person so if they offered a free night for every night I would stay I wouldn't take it. There are plenty of other places that are much nicer and as good a price with better food. Safety can be an issue that is why my wife has the driver take her a block to work because she wouldn't want to walk it.

Room Tip: To get the best room go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are in the middle of a $3 million renovation of the property inside and out, so we hope you will return and give us another chance to earn your business! Thank you, too, for noting our friendly staff. We take great pride in our service and cleanliness.

Unfortunately there are panhandlers at many freeway intersections in the Denver area, but they are more of a nuisance than a safety issue. I walk around our Highlands neighborhood almost daily and many times a night and find it vibrant and safe.

Many of our guests enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet, but if it is not to your liking there are also several great breakfast restaurants within walking distance or a quick shuttle ride away.

Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts.