All reviews shared bathroom community room towel deposit private room with bathroom overhead fan no elevator claw foot tub convenience store location is excellent few blocks checking in privacy refrigerator sheraton closet
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Hostel-ing the best way to travel on the cheap. Dont expect a luxurios stay in a hostel folks. This one is in a great location, across the street from tasty affordable food, near the capital and art museum. Brittany and Allison were very accommodating, helpful, and a pleasure to talk with. I asked to change rooms and they made it easy. I had a quiet stay in the 3rd floor with good wi-fi. I was able to work from my room and had a good night sleep & I typically do not sleep well in hotels. I would stay here again, thank you!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
EleventhAvenue, Owner at 11th Avenue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post. I am glad that you had a good time and would stay here again. You are correct that Hostels cannot compete with the $175 per night of the typical Downtown Denver hotel, but for someone that is looking to spent their hard earned money doing the things they came to Denver to do, then we are your landing spot. We hope to see you again when you are in town!

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a basic no frills room to get some solid sleep. Saw that 11th ave seemed to be the cheapest option. We checked in to the hostel just after midnight--and after paying more than the advertised amount (listed on their website) and looking forever for a place to park overnight (the staff gave us no guidance whatsoever) we began noticing things that were "off" about the hostel...there was a homeless man hanging around in the lobby, and we hadn't seen any travelers like ourselves. But we were exhausted and tried brushing it off. Got to the private room we booked-which the first thing I noticed was not the room itself, but the door. It was a very old wooden door that with minimal force, could easily be broken down. And the tiny deadbolt lock was a joke. The bed was gross and had hairs all over. Went looking for a bathroom, and they were all DISGUSTING. I avoided the bathroom that looked like the toilet had been clogged and almost overflowing for days, and settled for the working toilet that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Went back to the room--meanwhile noting the people I passed still not looking like travelers. After 30 minutes in the hostel, we made the decision to leave immediately first thing in the morning and cancel our reservation and plans with them from then on. I am from a city larger than Denver and have had my fair share of experiences with hostels in Central/South America...

I think the 11th ave hostel is overpriced, unclean, and unsafe. Spend the extra money and go someplace clean/safe.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank happyplants
EleventhAvenue, Owner at 11th Avenue Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

I am not sure what to say, It seems that you hit a perfect storm of desk staff, housekeeping, and security under performing. We attempt to provide each guest a clean, safe, and economical stay. It seems that we only got the economical part right, and that means we failed. I am so sorry for your experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Awful value for money. Nasty is fine when you're not paying a great deal to stay here.

Bed linen is old and gives you the creeps. The place feels dirty and unsafe. All these negative comments would not be warranted had I paid very little for the room, however the cost of staying here makes the place total unacceptable.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susanna C

Wow, we really missed this one, not sure what happened but it seems that we failed completely. I would like to here from you directly to find out where we missed it, and how we can improve. I am so sorry.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

My fiancé and I booked our last night in Denver here, we were looking for a good deal and have stayed in at least 20 other hostels internationally so thought we'd give 11th Avenue a chance. We came up to the room that night after dinner and immediately thought everything looked dinghy but we were still positive.... until we pulled back the sheets to get into bed. There were hairs ALL OVER the sheets and pillowcases, little brown ones and longer strands.. the more we examined the more we found. After complaining to the front desk and asking for a refund, we were told they couldn't honor the refund.. so we asked for a fresh set of sheets. I died laughing because my fiancé brought the fresh set up and there was a huge curly brown hair resting right on top and little curly ones in the folds. Needless to say we packed, left right then, and found a different hotel to stay in. It was worth it to us to take the loss on the hostel and even pay for a new place to stay... that's how gross the hair situation was.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse M

I really do not know how to respond, this situation is embarrassing. I don't know who is at fault, desk staff, housekeeping, or laundry, but the training falls on me. I accept the blame and am truly sorry for your experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Great location! Easy access, and even walkable access to everything downtown! Our room was a private two queen bed room with private bathroom. Perfect, cost friendly way to visit Denver downtown for New Years. Room was clean and cozy, no complaints about room or service. We did have to feed a meter every 2 hours from 8am-6pm.

Room tip: Worth the money for a private room. Have to feed meters every 2 hours
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Haley L

Thank you for your time in this review, parking is always an issue but there are many lots to park over night, but you did mention that it was New Years Eve. With the number of night life options for New years within the block, I am sure that finding parking for that night was a challenge. Thank you for choosing us.