All reviews union station whole foods museum of contemporary art happy hour colorado athletic club bad allergies complimentary drop bluetooth speaker complimentary access evening wine hour conditioner and body wash inner circle huge soaking tub ihg member hotel opened great lighting coors field
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is designed impeccably, is in an excellent location, and the staff are incredibly friendly. Brian at the front was amazing! He upgraded our room free of charge since our room wasn’t ready when we got there. We got a corner suite (room 625), which was AMAZING. If you can, definitely stay in a corner room!

Included in the price for this hotel: free beer/wine hour with appetizers from 5-6pm. Courtesy Tesla that drives you anywhere in a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Free admission to the museum of contemporary art (NOTE the museum is closed on Mondays).

As for the kinks: we’d requested a food and water bowl for our dog which never came. Our phone in the room didn’t work. The courtesy Tesla wasn’t working the day we were there. Also, they refused to let us check out late, which was definitely a bummer.

Aside from the minor problems we had, overall I loved this hotel and will almost certainly stay here again next time I’m in Denver!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Neva_swartz93
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Hotel is gorgeous and totally Instagrammable (for those who like that sort of thing). The two issues I experienced during my business travel effected just that; my ability to work.

1) I had been booked in a "train room" - this means starting at 5am, a loud speaker that is steps away at the platform of Union Station (literally, a stone's throw) will start (and not stop) blaring. I called down at 5;04 and requested a new room. The staff reminded me that I was "booked in a train room" (by my travel agent, not me) but worked to get me in a room "further away". The ideal fix would have been to move to the opposite side of the hotel, however it seems like maybe they upcharge for that side (aka, a normal room with no train noise) since they didn't offer to do that. In my new room, I could still hear the train, it just wasn't as if I was sleeping on the platform. If I were to book here again, I would make 100 percent sure I was not at all facing Union Station.

2) My other qualm: the "desk" (aka room-length wooden ledge) is an awkward height for the 2 chairs that are in the room. The desk chair is too short, so I moved the sitting chair over to my computer. Also too short. So I propped myself up with a bath towel. Seems like the architect didn't make a smart choice there.

Otherwise, dreamy hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a train room!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank eab23205
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

First time staying in Denver and we weren’t sure what area to stay. Extremely happy we chose Kimpton Born! Convenient to Union Station with less then a 40 minute commute to the airport. Literally steps away. The free mall bus stops near the hotel. Wonderful restaurants and bars within walking distance. There’s also a Whole Foods and CVS down the block.
All the staff were welcoming. Free wine and beer hour is a nice perk. Lobby sitting area is cozy. Check in was quick. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Plenty of closet space and drawers. Robes were super comfy. Loaner umbrella is located in the closet. Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower. Private toilet.
We would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Customer service was fabulous - way beyond expectations and on par with the best of the best worldwide. Lovely hotel in terms of design and function. Can't beat the location - steps from the airport train and free mall shuttle. Lots of restaurants and shopping very nearby. The wood treatments inside are fantastic - might redo my house to match. Yes, it's brand new and keeping up these standards will be a challenge, but they have started high and I suspect they will continue. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have fabulous windows
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I'm from the Boston area and travel to CA monthly. On my last trip in December I became severely ill in my La Jolla hotel. Hotel's attitude was terrible. Their answer to any question was "call an uber." I barely got myself on a plane and stopped in Denver where I was supposed to join colleagues for a holiday party at winter park. Dragged myself into the Born and at check in confided that I was really sick. They couldn't have been more considerate - helped with luggage, got me into a nice room super fast. I immediately crashed and when room service came by an hour later to check on me I explained how sick I felt and within minutes two staff people came in with a sick tray - tea, lemon, honey, crackers. There was one young lady, I think her name was Jen who was super. She deserves a promotion! It was such as wonderful gesture. A few hours later I decided to get myself to a hospital and the front desk advised where the closest hospital was (presbyterian st josephs, which is wonderful by the way). I had prescriptions to fill when I returned and the front desk arranged to have someone run over to Walgreens to pick it up for me! Of course I gave him a generous tip but they never asked to be paid for any of this. The next morning I felt much better I believe Born had a whole lot to do with my speedy recovery. The customer service at this hotel is the best. Not to mention location, cool lobby, and friendly vibe, You'll like it here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business