“Loved This Property”
Review of Kimpton Hotel Born

Kimpton Hotel Born
Ranked #36 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at this property February 2018 as a couple.

I have to admit, this trip was last minute and I did not research it much before booking. It exceeded any expectations.

LOCATION! Super convenient location. We took the A-line train from the airport to Union Station and walked a few steps right to the hotel. It was also an easy walk down 16th street to tons of shopping and restaurants. Short walk to Coors Field if you're going to a game.

CUSTOMER SERVICE. Very nice front desk staff. Housekeeping staff was very attentive. We didn't ask for the room to be cleaned in our short stay, but they called each night to check to see if we needed anything such as fresh towels. That was a nice touch.

ROOM. This room was spacious and it was obvious someone put some thought into its functionality. Everything was situated in a convenient spot that made sense. It looked super modern and was immaculate.

We were out and about most of our stay and did not take advantage of some of the amenities but there was a restaurant onsite and a wine hour in the lobby that seemed like a cool idea.

Cannot think of anything. If I was going to be picky, I would say the pillows on the bed were flat. A bit uncomfortable. Other than that, NO CONS. Love this place.

This property was very nice and really made our stay in Denver comfortable. We liked it so much we already booked our next Kimpton stay in Chicago for next week.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is designed impeccably, is in an excellent location, and the staff are incredibly friendly. Brian at the front was amazing! He upgraded our room free of charge since our room wasn’t ready when we got there. We got a corner suite (room 625), which was AMAZING. If you can, definitely stay in a corner room!

Included in the price for this hotel: free beer/wine hour with appetizers from 5-6pm. Courtesy Tesla that drives you anywhere in a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Free admission to the museum of contemporary art (NOTE the museum is closed on Mondays).

As for the kinks: we’d requested a food and water bowl for our dog which never came. Our phone in the room didn’t work. The courtesy Tesla wasn’t working the day we were there. Also, they refused to let us check out late, which was definitely a bummer.

Aside from the minor problems we had, overall I loved this hotel and will almost certainly stay here again next time I’m in Denver!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Neva_swartz93
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Hotel is gorgeous and totally Instagrammable (for those who like that sort of thing). The two issues I experienced during my business travel effected just that; my ability to work.

1) I had been booked in a "train room" - this means starting at 5am, a loud speaker that is steps away at the platform of Union Station (literally, a stone's throw) will start (and not stop) blaring. I called down at 5;04 and requested a new room. The staff reminded me that I was "booked in a train room" (by my travel agent, not me) but worked to get me in a room "further away". The ideal fix would have been to move to the opposite side of the hotel, however it seems like maybe they upcharge for that side (aka, a normal room with no train noise) since they didn't offer to do that. In my new room, I could still hear the train, it just wasn't as if I was sleeping on the platform. If I were to book here again, I would make 100 percent sure I was not at all facing Union Station.

2) My other qualm: the "desk" (aka room-length wooden ledge) is an awkward height for the 2 chairs that are in the room. The desk chair is too short, so I moved the sitting chair over to my computer. Also too short. So I propped myself up with a bath towel. Seems like the architect didn't make a smart choice there.

Otherwise, dreamy hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a train room!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

First time staying in Denver and we weren’t sure what area to stay. Extremely happy we chose Kimpton Born! Convenient to Union Station with less then a 40 minute commute to the airport. Literally steps away. The free mall bus stops near the hotel. Wonderful restaurants and bars within walking distance. There’s also a Whole Foods and CVS down the block.
All the staff were welcoming. Free wine and beer hour is a nice perk. Lobby sitting area is cozy. Check in was quick. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Plenty of closet space and drawers. Robes were super comfy. Loaner umbrella is located in the closet. Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower. Private toilet.
We would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Customer service was fabulous - way beyond expectations and on par with the best of the best worldwide. Lovely hotel in terms of design and function. Can't beat the location - steps from the airport train and free mall shuttle. Lots of restaurants and shopping very nearby. The wood treatments inside are fantastic - might redo my house to match. Yes, it's brand new and keeping up these standards will be a challenge, but they have started high and I suspect they will continue. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have fabulous windows
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business