“WOW!!”
Review of The Berkshire

The Berkshire
Reserve with OpenTable
The Berkshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Stapleton
Cross street: 29th and Quebec
Description: The Berkshire, located in Denver, CO on Stapleton's main drag, serves fresh and inventive dishes centered around pork and bacon. In a location heavily populated with chains, this family-owned restaurant serves unique meals from scratch in a casual and trendy environment. Some popular meals include our bacon plate and pork tenderloin which is served with house made bacon jam and roasted cauliflower. While the dishes represent American cuisine-heavy on the pig-The Berkshire does serve lighter fare as well as vegetarian dishes. In addition to serving up heaping portions of pig, we also take pride in our creative cocktails. We have a fully stocked bar and draft beers, insuring you will find the perfect drink to accompany your porky dish. The Berkshire hosts weekly drink specials and happy hours, giving you a reason to celebrate any day of the week! The Berkshire is a great place for parties and corporate events. Our "Pig Pen" is a full private dining room that seats up to 40 guests in a warm and inviting atmosphere. "The Pigs Stye", a semi-private area, is also available for booking and seats up to 18 guests, or has standing room for 25 guests. Whether you are hosting an event, or just wanting to celebrate with a group of friends because it's Wednesday and you're craving bacon, stop by The Berkshire and let us show you just how much we love pig!
Reviewed 10 August 2018

This was an excellent choice for dinner, and we did it based off the name Berkshire, because we love Berkshire pork! Food was prepared fresh and the menu selections were great! We had several different things and all were excellent! Tommy was our server and he was terrific! Very knowledgeable about the menu and gave us very good service! You must have the bacon flight! Delicious!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We had just moved back to Colorado and decided to take a day to unwind. We were in the area and decided to try The Berkshire. The block that the place sits on is festive with a nearby park with fountain.

It was such a lovely day we decided to sit outside. Although the patio is right on the sidewalk you realy didnt notice the traffic.

The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. My decided to try the guacamole toast. She loves avocado. Its quite spendy but if you like guacamole with goat cheese, cherry tomato on a very thick slice of bread, then it would be worth it for you. The taste and texture is quite unique and once you bite into it surprises you.

I ordered the pulled pork Benedict. It was very well prepared. My wife had the BLT with shoestring fries. The BLT was very large and the used sourdough bread.

The prices were a bit high on certain items, but on the most part fairly average for a place like this.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The bacon flight was good, although I like my bacon to not be flexible, the flavors were amazing. The staff was so helpful and turned me on to Deep Eddy vodka. I could’ve chatted with our waiter all day!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

If you like bacon wrapped bacon or any other thing wrapped in bacon, try here. Unique menu- NOT ALL bacon, but many items. The waitstaff I saw were happy people, and friendly. They knew the menu well and gave suggestions for a newbie.

The bacon flight was beautiful! I had already eaten ½ of it before the photo- so it’s a close up (sorry). Only 4 pieces of bacon to share with my son, I was surprised by that with the price, but too rich to eat more-so it was just the right amount in the end. I could eat the balsamic bacon all day. The fried cheese & bacon burger was delish, and big enough to share. The spicy pimento cheese with fried chicken sandwich was a tiny bit spicy, but I endured:). Sweet potato fries were addicting. Terrible neighborhood until you get to 29th street. Must be a hip new revitalization project because I felt so old on that street. Honestly, very cool place to visit while traveling through. Reasonable prices for some, might be a tad high for eating out frequently, but the unique menu justified the price.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The menu attracted me to The Berkshire, but the kitchen didn't entirely deliver. We ordered a variety of appetizers, salads and soups, and entrees. And while there were some hits, such as the beet salad, wings, and walleye, there were also some misses, including the hot potato salad and fries. Clearly our orders challenged the kitchen. Service was uneven, as well, and the decor needs freshening.

Been to The Berkshire? Share your experiences!