“Delicious all around”
Review of SOL Mexican Cocina

SOL Mexican Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
SOL Mexican Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #312 of 3,082 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Loved this place! Our server Nickolas was the absolute best. We were a large group and wanted everything in separate checks, he accommodated us and everything was right in everyone's check. Any thing we requested he said "yes" with a smile. I love good service and I think it's always important to mention it. The house margaritas were great, the chorizo queso appetizer was great too. It's a good size appetizer for 3, since it's melted cheese with chorizo pieces in it, eating it alone would be too much. The asado tacos were great and a good size portion. The naked guacamole was a hit (we ordered FOUR). The portion is large and can be shared but it's so darn good you could really it the bowl by yourself! The mushroom quesadillas were huge as was the Carne Asada Burrito. The only downside to the burrito is that it barely had meat even though it's called Carne Asada it was really alotttt of rice and black beans, but again Nickolas came to the rescue. He mentioned it to his manager and they brought out some additional pieces of meat. Prices are moderate but portions are huge so you can share. There is plenty of street parking or a parking garage across the street. The area is quite nice to walk around and see the stores etc...so if you go plan on spending some additional time in the area.

There are newer reviews for SOL Mexican Cocina

Reviewed 10 March 2017

After a long travel day and an empty belly, I headed to Cricket Cherry Creek for a burger. Well, they had a fire and were closed. SOL was on the corner so I boogied on in. Glad, I did. The carne tacos were a delight and the chips were actually small handmade tortillas. Very tasty. My margarita was muy fuerte and much needed. A nice find.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were smart to have made a reservation for a Friday night. They offer several specialty margaritas that are good and expensive. You might want to opt for one of their many tequila choices just one its own. The salsa and black bean dip were good but don't fill up on it 'cause you'll want to save room. Things we enjoyed included the grilled calamari, guacamole, fish tacos and the carne asada-type dish. Serve was very attentive but there was quite a bit of upselling. The parking garage on the same block only costs $5 after 5:00 pm and it's an easy in/out.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This restaurant offers a very modern and attractive environment. Big windows afford you the luxury of gazing outdoors but also add to a sense of openness in the restaurant. The hostess greats you upon arrival and we were promptly seated. PLEASE NOTE, RESERVATIONS ARE A GOOD IDEA ANYWHERE IN THE DENVER AREA. Our server was prompt and attentive and took our drink order almost immediately. The choice of tequilas are ample and the specialty drinks are unique and satisfying. I'm a little old school when it comes to margaritas and the traditional one in a salt rimmed glass was excellent. The lime juice has just the right amount of citrus to blend with the salt and tequila. Warm and tasty tortilla chips were brought to the table with two dips, one was a tomato salsa which had some heat and the other was a black bean dip which was addictive. The selection of entrees will require a little time to delve into the unique dishes served. I had the Chili Relleno dish which was like no other. The poblanos were stuffed with green rice and shrimp and accompanied by a spicy red salsa. It's a big portion. This is not your traditional chili relleno that is stuffed with cheese and covered with a red sauce but why would you want to eat the same thing if you are trying a new restaurant? It's easy to get into a rut but it's also exciting to discover a new dish. Our server remained attentive throughout making sure that our drinks were sufficient during the entire meal. I like this place a lot. It's kind of loud but I have no problem with that and it actually is a benefit if you are dining with little ones. There is a parking garage about a block away which is very necessary as street parking in the Cherry Creek area can be challenging. If you are looking for a new twist on Mexican food I would advise you to give this place a shot.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Great menu with interesting tacos to choose from. Good margaritas. We had a large party. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I loved the butternut squash tacos.

Been to SOL Mexican Cocina? Share your experiences!