“great food”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Forget the diet when you go here. Restaurant is crowded, noisy, unpretentious, charming. The food is heavy, decadent, and delicious. The biscuit is almost the size of a salad plate, light and flaky, golden crunchy on top. Served with a fruit puree that is perfect. Eggs New Orleans was so good: fried eggplant topped with creole sauce and 2 poached eggs. Portions are large; 2 people can easily share a dish. But so good, you will want your own!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I visited Lucille’s multiple times while I was in Denver for business, both alone and with friends. I couldn’t get enough! I’m not from Louisiana but their food reminded me of home. It was always, hot, fresh and the beignets are to die for! I always got the red beans and ham with poached eggs and grits, it was so good I couldn’t imagine ordering anything else.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant! We stopped in right before they closed for lunch... Sorry! But they welcomed us in anyway and served us some great food! Thank you all! The biscuits were awesome with butter!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

My son Winston lives in Denver, and suggested this place for breakfast. We were seated quickly, and I think had the best waitress in the place. The beignets were HUGE, and not anything like I have had in the past. I ordered four, and of course we took two of those home. The eggs benedict were very good, and the Bloody Marys to top it off with was very refreshing!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to have brunch here on a visit to Colorado. It did not disappoint. It is a house turned restaurant with many quirky features from the real New Orleans... even the napkins are interesting as it is just a piece of real fabric. The food was scrumptious! Of course we started with beignets... which was as good as I remember from Cafe Du Monde. The grits were very tasty but not as superb as the grits of New Orleans... for this I gave 4 stars. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend this as a fantastic restaurant!

Been to Lucile's Creole Cafe? Share your experiences!