“Excellent Coffee”

First Ascent Coffee Roasters
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: First Ascent Coffee Roasters roasts the finest single-origin coffees, and produces their own Hand-Crafted Instant Coffee.
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This place serves up great coffee and they roast their own beans. They serve food but I didn't try the food. Place was packed. They have some glass tube devices that kind of look like coffee presses that they make speciality coffee drinks one at a time. My son created his own blend, added a shot, and thought it was great. Laura was awesome and very helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Nice coffee shop with a very good breakfast selection. I had the eggs benedict, which was very good, but undercooked (runny whites). Overall, the food was very good. Limited seating and very popular.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

During my recent stay in Crested Butte, I went to First Assent every morning for their Cafe Americano and some sort of pastry that is made on the premises. Everything is locally sourced and delicious: try their Bison Pastrami Egg Sandwich, AWESOME!. Warm and welcoming staff makes it a great place to start your day.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 1 May 2016

On another transitional spring day in CB, I came for some tea and kitchari, specially made the past week for a Spring Cleanse. Had decaf chamomille tea, which was loose leaf. I read Dam Nation upstairs while the kitchen prepared the kitchari. The kitchen made kitchari and day 11 of the cleanse rewarding. It had the perfect consitency between porridge and a thick soup. Thanks for making this. I ordered extra for tonight. Laid back atmosphere and healthy sustainable living.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I stayed around the corner and was surprised I didn't smell bread every day, but I would go in and there were the loaves, waiting for me. The French loaf is good. It was light. When I toasted it, it was crunchy, but not so heavy as to scratch my mouth, know what I mean? Muffins were meh, and the kids really didn't like the Monkey muffin..."too much going on", they said. Go for the bread.

Date of visit: March 2016