“Excellent Coffee”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: First Ascent Coffee Roasters roasts the finest single-origin coffees, and produces their own Hand-Crafted Instant Coffee.
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This place serves up great coffee and they roast their own beans. They serve food but I didn't try the food. Place was packed. They have some glass tube devices that kind of look like coffee presses that they make speciality coffee drinks one at a time. My son created his own blend, added a shot, and thought it was great. Laura was awesome and very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Nice coffee shop with a very good breakfast selection. I had the eggs benedict, which was very good, but undercooked (runny whites). Overall, the food was very good. Limited seating and very popular.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

During my recent stay in Crested Butte, I went to First Assent every morning for their Cafe Americano and some sort of pastry that is made on the premises. Everything is locally sourced and delicious: try their Bison Pastrami Egg Sandwich, AWESOME!. Warm and welcoming staff makes it a great place to start your day.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

On another transitional spring day in CB, I came for some tea and kitchari, specially made the past week for a Spring Cleanse. Had decaf chamomille tea, which was loose leaf. I read Dam Nation upstairs while the kitchen prepared the kitchari. The kitchen made kitchari and day 11 of the cleanse rewarding. It had the perfect consitency between porridge and a thick soup. Thanks for making this. I ordered extra for tonight. Laid back atmosphere and healthy sustainable living.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I stayed around the corner and was surprised I didn't smell bread every day, but I would go in and there were the loaves, waiting for me. The French loaf is good. It was light. When I toasted it, it was crunchy, but not so heavy as to scratch my mouth, know what I mean? Muffins were meh, and the kids really didn't like the Monkey muffin..."too much going on", they said. Go for the bread.