Linn Duachaill Restaurant at The Glyde Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Glyde Inn sits at the heart of natural beauty. A place of sandy beach, deep blue sea and distant granite mountains. Linn Duachaill restaurant has garnered praise from press and public alike since its opening, for the fresh seasonal dishes prepared by award winning chefs and offered up alongside stunning views of Dundalk Bay and the Mountains of Mourne. The friendly efficient staff are sure to make your visit a treat to remember.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Restaurant not that busy, the food was OK, except veg cooked from frozen mixed veg bag, the service was very poor.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank recession-over

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and great staff. Enjoyed viking burger, langustines and hake with polenta. Just happened to find it and it was great.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I came back to The Glyde Inn on a recent visit to Ireland from Liverpool. I used to live in Dundalk and was a frequent visitor to the restaurant and used to bring all my visit family and friends along.

On this visit I was with my husband. When we arrived the restaurant was very busy with a tour but good enough the lady (if I remember rightly the owner) found us a seat and got our drinks. I ordered the seafood chowder which was nice but didn't have mussels as it used to so was slightly disappointed in that. My husband had the calamari which he said was ok.

For mains I had fillet steak which I asked to medium but I would have said disappointingly it was well done, my chips were also very pale and not the best. My husband had the chicken curry which was ok but also had the pale chips.

We then were waiting for at least 25 minutes after we finished waiting for the waitresses to collect our plates and hopefully offer desert menu. The two young girls were just talking and setting tables but felt like they were taking no notice of us. In the end we had to shout over and ask for the desert menu which I thought was pretty poor service.

Desert was good when we eventually got it.

Just felt the food isn't as nice as if used to be and the service could be a bit better. Quiet disappointed as the meal was for oue second wedding anniversary.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank joannekD7798ZX
Reviewed 15 August 2018

What fantastic staff, so friendly and welcoming to visitors. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. Great location with sea views too. A little gem in a little village by the sea!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank misstazangela
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Arrived around 5.30pm after being recommended by a friend we had been visiting in Clogherhead. It did NOT disappoint. 3 people had Clogherhead fish and chips and one a Viking burger - food was fabulous and the Guinness was great (so I heard :)). The view was stunning from inside whilst eating our meal, then outside was breath taking whilst having coffee - company was great and the air was pure and so it felt so peaceful. Sun shinning, tide going out and fantastic chance to take photographs of the view and family. We will definitely be back!!! Excellent location and staff were very attentive and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone to visit and sample the great food. What a find!!!

Date of visit: July 2018