“Local people treat us to a good time”

Linn Duachaill Restaurant at The Glyde Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Annagassan
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Glyde Inn sits at the heart of natural beauty. A place of sandy beach, deep blue sea and distant granite mountains. Linn Duachaill restaurant has garnered praise from press and public alike since its opening, for the fresh seasonal dishes prepared by award winning chefs and offered up alongside stunning views of Dundalk Bay and the Mountains of Mourne. The friendly efficient staff are sure to make your visit a treat to remember.
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We didn't know what to expect as we walked through the front door and made our way to the restaurant that overlooks Dundalk Bay.
The food was tasty while service by waiting staff was quick, efficient and with a smile.
However, we didn't really appreciate how special this last meal together was to be until the local band started playing music. The musicians didn't just put on a show. They had us up dancing, teaching us some special moves on the dance floor. By the time we left, the whole group was up on their feet clapping, singing and taking photos and videos of the more adventurous in the group.
Thanks to all the staff at the Glyde Inn for a memorable last evening together.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

We had heard this place was good so we went there for tea on the 30th June. We had booked ahead although the place when we arrived was relatively empty.

All in all not a good experience, the service was very slow, the noodles I ordered for my son turned out to be spaghetti, my 'catch of the day' turned up with over cooked baby potatoes instead of champ (and when I asked why the champ was missing I was told the chef didn't have any), the vegetables had clearly come out of a frozen bag, my wife's Thai curry was clearly from a packet and contained about 4 pieces of chicken, the sauce in the mussels dishes was lumpy.

Further more when we paid we asked to speak to the manager and told him we weren't pleased about the meal and that it had been bad he agreed! However no discount was offered off the bill.

So in summary I wouldn't go back.

7  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Had a beautiful meal here last night. Excellent value for money. The place was buzzing, a wonderful atmosphere. Service has improved hugely! The Thai green curry and seafood platter I would highly recommend

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I was in the glyde in on the 22nd of june during the ireland game we ordered food club sandwich which the chef thought was egg and tomato the girlfriend ordered veg soup it was tomato cup of soup we gave both back the waiter luke was very helpful and appologised for the cold tomato soup and egg sandwich we gave the food back and said we would do without usually good food just hit and miss

6  Thank Louthboy
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Went here for lunch a few weeks ago, it was just after 2.00pm on a Thursday afternoon and just a couple of people sitting outside having a drink. I ordered the Thai Curry and my Husband ordered mussels. We waited a while only then to be told that they had no mussels which I thought more than odd for a Thursday afternoon in a place so popular for its seafood. He then ordered the seafood chowder. When it EVENTUALLY did arrive my curry was really delicious but my husband's seafood chowder was in fact all fresh salmon and no other fish which he isn't the biggest fan of so that was really disappointing. Coupled with service so slow and servers could be friendlier also I wouldn't rush back

Date of visit: May 2016