Lowest prices for your stay
US$105
SAVE US$41
Hotels.comUS$105
PricelineUS$100
HurbUS$129
All reviews easy access stayed here for nights would stay here again convenient location indoor pool oatmeal complimentary breakfast pet denver refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Since I am an IHG reward member I have stayed at multiple Holiday Inn Express locations and I just assumed this one would be up to the standards of others, but sadly we were disappointed. I don't know if they realized but they put us in a room that must have had recently undergone renovations but our room still had painting that was not yet completed! Some walls had two colors on the same wall (room #1418). Our stay wasn't over any holiday either and I am pretty sure they were not over booked. The bathroom had been renovated and it was new and clean looking. The beds were okay too. The room was above the pool and there were a lot of little kids playing so loudly in the indoor pool that it echoed up into our room, two floors up! We went down to the pool and it is very small and was crowded with the same loud kids, both in the pool and the hot tub. I know that is not the fault of the hotel but it was still annoying. There were no clean pool towels either so we had to track down some room towels. The breakfast was good considering it was included in the price of the room but honestly I would have rather had a less expensive room because the one we were in did not meet the expectations of the price they were getting. I would probably stay in a different Holiday Inn next time but we liked the idea of having the indoor pool which was a let down in the end. The best thing I can say about our stay was that the front desk ladies were very friendly and cheerful.

Date of stay: October 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Hi Kelly C,

I'm glad you choose our hotel for your visit to Colorado Springs. Thank you for staying.

At Holiday Inn Express, we pride ourselves in offering simple pleasures for every trouble. I am sorry we missed the mark. I understand you had concerns with our pool, hot tub, and pool towels. I can see how that put a damp on your stay. I also read that you were unhappy with the current renovations at the hotel. No worries, I did inform our management about this. I'm confident they will make the necessary action to make sure this won't happen again.

On a lighter note, I'm glad you find the bathroom clean, bed comfortable, breakfast good and our front desk was friendly and cheerful.

We appreciate you leaving feedback about your stay, and looking forward to your next travel.

Rein D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 October 2019 via mobile

Hotel was very clean
Beds were comfy, bedding was clean
Great location
Breakfast was good
Parking was ok too

But...
Pool had WAY too much chorine. Kids couldn’t swim ... our eyes were burning!
No towels either!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 195nikkie
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Hi 195nikkie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is wonderful to see you had a pleasant stay with us by the high remarks you have given on our comfortable rooms and dining experience. We may be limited in select service hospitality but we are committed to ease in every way. I understand you were taken aback by the pool condition and lack of towels, forgive us for the disappointment. Your feedback is important in our continuous drive for excellence and I shared this with the involved department, and will use it as a tool to improve the service we deliver.

Our aim is to provide all of our guest’s great customer service with a unique and indelible experience. Again, I appreciate you sharing your review. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel and we want your stay to be perfect.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

We stopped here after a flight from New York into Denver as a midway stop to our next destination. It was the perfect choice. Front desk employee was very welcoming. The hotel seems to have been renovated recently, the rooms are very well-designed, and appealing, lots of space for suitcases, phone charger slots, a refrigerator, coffee machine, microwave, bathroom with shower, everything in very good shape and clean. Excellent lighting design.
Breakfast is self-serve, plentiful enough, my only super minor complaint was that there’s was no knife to cut the bagels nor are they pre-sliced. When I asked I was told “there’s the plastic knives.” If you’ve tried to cut a bagel with a regular knife, it is not easy, it’s near impossible with a plastic knife.
I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2019

Came for Parent's weekend--very convenient. LIked the new mattresses--slept very well. Also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. One thing we need to remember to ask about from now on...non-pet rooms. My husband is allergic and saw that the family next to us had multiple dogs in their room. It didn't affect him this time, but as more people travel with pets, I recommend hotels keep certain rooms "pet free"--and using fabreeze in-between doesn't count.

Date of stay: September 2019
Alex Steven, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Dear rlspanda,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come see us again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Alex Stevens
GM-COSAA

Reviewed 3 September 2019

We stayed for 3 nights and, overall, enjoyed our visit. The rooms were clean and well stocked by housekeeping. The breakfast had sufficient variety and was adequate, but there was no brown sugar for the oatmeal (most other hotels at which we've stayed had brown sugar available -- huge difference in taste). In fact, unlike similar competitors, the only condiments offered for the oatmeal were walnuts and raisins.

The biggest problem is the parking situation. There isn't enough of it to accommodate all the guests, leaving many to park in areas signed as no parking for hotel guests. Additionally, the parking spaces that are available are too narrow to accommodate vehicles larger than compact cars, forcing those with, say, pickup trucks to straddle the line and take up 2 spaces. Moreover, the parking lanes have no exit, so one must back out if there are no spaces available. If you stay here, don't bring a larger vehicle.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Cowboy11044

Dear Cowboy11044,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry about the issues you experienced with parking. Please come see us again in the future!

Kind Regards,