All reviews room was clean small kitchenette pikes peak parking lot old chicago would stay again front desk staff the breakfast area business trip nice place to stay off the highway early check restaurants and shopping an upgrade room key top floor easy access
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Stayed for 2 nights recently for business in the area. The hotel is everything you expect from HIE brand. Rooms clean, good amenities, but the shower is the bathtub style that is almost dangerous to stand in. Judging by the litany of toilets and tubs behind the hotel they were doing an upgrade. Free parking, usual HIE breakfast offerings, decent staff and value. This area has many hotels to chose from but I was not completely disappointed , okay in my view

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi CD R,

Thank you for staying with us. While I am glad to know that our hotel was able to meet your expectations, I was also concerned to see that you were not completely impressed with our bathrooms. Sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I'll let our team know for necessary improvements. I know we still have a lot of room for improvement so if you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed just two nights. Hotel is located just off I-25 which is under renovation. The hotel is also under renovation starting with the fourth floor. Very noisy during the day from construction sounds but quiet after 6:00 pm. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Limited restaurants in the area which does not explain the nightly room price. Nothing to justify the nightly fee especially on weekends. Good continental breakfast. Small bathroom.
Surprised that I was charged a local, county and state tax on the pet fee. Most places we have stayed just adds the pet fee to the hotel charge and not tax the pet fee. Would not stay anywhere in Colorado Springs or Denver is charge taxes on pet fee. . Would also avoid the locations due to the crazy drivers and poor road.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello efeierabend1,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Colorado Springs North and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been due to renovations being made and you were disappointed in our area of value. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGSerive

Reviewed 10 September 2018

rooms were very spacious and the beds were very comfortable, stayed for one night just to have a family time, plenty of space for the whole family, the personnel were very nice, professional, and very respectful and welcoming, even my family loved this hotel, will definitely stay here again if traveling to Colorado springs again, the only one thing, the should work on is the mole growing in the bathroom, it seems the fan doesn't work well, it might become an health issue for someone it it gets really bad, but other than that great place

Room Tip: all rooms are the same
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express on North Spruce Street was a haven to return to at the end of my busy crazy days. Housekeeping was kind of slow but to be honest the place was bustling. The front staff was excellent. Breakfast each day was busy but always plentiful hot and ready. Plan ahead. Nota bene: If you use the business station be sure to select the printer you need to use yourself. Do not rely on the already selected printer. Hope this saves you some time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We have good luck staying at Holiday Inn hotels. We want no surprises. We were happy we were able to get in our room since we had been up early. We no more than got in our room when housekeeping supervisor was at our door (didnt know anyone was in this room) to check over our room. He showed us how to set our air conditioning. We couldn't get satellite TV to start up, we called desk & they were there quickly. I used the swimming pool which was really nice. Our continental breakfast was excellent. This Holiday Inn was clean & well staffed, just like we expect.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple