Lowest prices for your stay
US$62
SAVE US$10
Agoda.comUS$62
Hotels.comUS$62
HurbUS$65
All reviews room was clean easy access would stay again gods pet colorado peak
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2020

We were scheduled to be in this hotel for 6 nights. Once we got the room key and opened the door, well, it was not good. The room itself was clean (I guess) but there was a very noticeable odor in the room. Even after reporting it and getting a deodorizer to spray the room, it only helped a little bit. We arrived very late and we were tired from traveling. So, we did unpack and just thought that the smell would go away. We were wrong! The next morning we packed up and checked out and went to a Marriott instead. We were told by a staff member that this hotel was built in 1980 and has never had any renovations or updates. If you value your vacation, stay away.

Date of stay: September 2020
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that your stay was reflectively negative and this was caused primarily by our outdated property. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are an older property and we do everything within our power to fix and maintain any issues that arise within our grounds but of course we are limited with what we can do. None the less we do once again apologize for any and all issues with your stay We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2020

This is a very old hotel and it shows. You will need to upgrade this location if I were ever to stay there again. I will be making regular business trips to this area and would have loved for this location to be acceptable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2020

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback after your recent stay with us.

At La Quinta, we set a goal and expectation that we put the best product forward that we can for our valued guests. And while we do identify and work to resolve any maintenance or appearance issues on a daily basis, we also understand that our property is older, and many guests may feel that the property could use an update to a more modern look and feel. Until such time as this becomes possible, we will continue to do our best and control what we can.

Reviewed 18 September 2020

We stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks in a row, Monday through Friday, while we were waiting to close on a house. The first two weeks were fine, although the floors had stains and we assumed it was simply because we had our 2 dogs and were staying in the pet friendly rooms. Then at the end of the third week, we had to move to a different room for Thursday night because they did not have the same room type available. No big deal. 3 hours after we moved to the other room, the front desk called to let us know they were charging us $250 for “damages” in the previous room and asked us to leave the premises. I spoke to the General Manager, Nikki, and told her that since we were being charged for towels and linens, I would like to keep the items I was paying so much for. Her attitude was extremely hostile and said they had already been thrown away. I pointed out that the cleaning people were still in the room and the items were more then likely still in there. She then said she was not going to give them to us even though she had already claimed they had been thrown away and said she would not be speaking to me any longer about it. She then stated that we had left our dogs locked in the bathroom and I was so shocked by such an unfounded, untrue, and outrageous accusation that I left. This woman had horrible customer service skills and I am absolutely astounded that La Quinta by Wyndham employs a General Manager that clearly cannot interact with guests properly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2020

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback after your recent stay with us.

At La Quinta, we are happy to offer a pet-friendly experience for no additional charge or fee, which is not always the case, even at many pet-friendly hotels. However, we do require any and all guests who bring their pets into our rooms during their stay with us to sign an acknowledgement that the guest is responsible for any damages assessed to be pet-related. When there is reported damaged to a room, the general manager and another member of the management team will evaluate the damage to determine both the source, and the amount. In this case, the damages to the room you occupied were assessed as pet-related, and as such, we notified you that you would be charged accordingly, as agreed to in the form provided at check-in.

While I understand it may feel as though being charged for damages means you are entitled to the damaged property, this is not a retail transaction, nor is the damage fee or the damaged property described as such in the pet agreement.

As a pet owner, I acknowledge the frustration that may come with an unforeseen charge due to our pets. While unfortunate when it occurs, it is the assessment and application of these damage charges that allow us to continue to welcome pets with no additional fee at check-in.

Reviewed 14 September 2020

Everyone at this hotel was super nice. The guests were a little scary. Our fire alarm had been disabled, and the smell of marijuana was pretty strong all over. I would have felt better/safer if the rooms were on the inside, like a hotel. This was just a cheap motel.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

Just left this place after a gross night. We checked in late or we would have repacked and left. Room 135. There was hair and debris behind the door into the toilet area. Hair at back ledge of tub. The carpet was vile- incredibly dirty-too many spots/stains to count. The sheets smelled like heavy perfume. Bottom sheet was on wrong side out. My thinking is that the sheet was just flipped over rather than changed- thus the heavy perfume smell. So bad my allergies quickly kicked in. I went to car and brought in a blanket to use and kicked off the sheets/blanket.
The exterior of the place is also nasty. The sidewalks are stained- pet pee?? General debris up on sidewalks. My husband noted the poor condition of the stairs/ rusted in many places- this is dangerous.
On checkout about 9 am, the desk clerk said “oh, sorry” when I told her of the issues with the room. Nothing else. There was a housekeeper there who suggested I call the manager (no management there at 9 am?)- she was actually trying to be helpful and I appreciated her response.
We have been in 7 states in the past month. Hands down this is the only nasty place we have stayed in the same price range.
It’s also ridiculous that there is absolutely no breakfast. Other places we have stayed have put out packaged muffins and bottled juice at least. Some included individual cereals and pints of milk, fruit, and more. Seems La Quinta could do something.
All in all, I would pass on this place if I were you.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2020

I'm sorry to hear the issues you experienced with your stay. Please allow us to extend our deepest apologies. None of the issues you experienced are anything we would deem as acceptable. please in future reference all we can ask is that you reach out to us at the front desk to report these extreme cleanliness issues, that way we can do everything within our power to give you the best possible stay and correct any issues that may pop up. None the less we do thoroughly apologize for any and all issues regarding your stay and we hope to have another chance in the near future in order to give you a much improved stay.