1,658 results
All reviews west building golden beets penrose room main building bowling alley lake terrace del lago premier room five star resort the cottages turn down service paddle boats grounds are beautiful hotel bar golf club beautiful hotel resort fee
Reviewed 7 November 2018

We traveled for an annual business conference and though we had seen pictures online the sight of this hotel on the lake with the mountains in the background and fall colors surrounding the lake took my breath away. The food, accommodations, staff always above and beyond expectations. After many compliments to the chef for the breadsticks they made sure I went home with some. The beautiful scenery was inviting for a walk around the lake on the way to the meetings rather than just up the stairs to the building next door. Many owners brought their wives or came early and stayed another day. There is hiking, a beautiful swimming pool that was closed at this time but the lap pool was warm and inviting. I understand this hotel is charming any time of year and in winter snow has exceptional charm with the lighting. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
TheBroadmoorResMgr, Vice President and Resident Mananger at The Broadmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your gracious overview of The Broadmoor and our offerings. We are delighted you enjoyed your most recent business conference at our Resort and hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon, whether it be for you next business conference or leisure.

A warm welcome will always await you at our Rocky Mountain home.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I have no idea how this place has good reviews. Maybe they treat their rich clients better? I have no idea. We came to visit for an afternoon. Parking is ridiculously expensive. We ate at The Bar Club and our server was slow as molasses which led to an even higher parking bill. The food was overpriced and not even good. To top it off, they automatically add a 20% gratuity for the wait staff. I hardly ever tip less than 20%, but for this terrible service, I was prepared to tip much less. However, we didn't have the option! They also don't validate parking, even for a $50 lunch, and they are snooty when you ask. The grounds are beautiful and historic (hence, two stars). I am a Gilded Age nut, and I would still say to get in and out of this place ASAP and don't waste your money on dining or parking.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank whistory
Reviewed 6 November 2018

They made a fabulous place even better since my last visit. The service was impeccable as usual. You cannot pass an employee without them asking if you need help. This was my first time in the West Tower. Rooms are a bit more updated, but still consistent with the well deserved Five Star/Five Diamond rating. One advantage of the West Tower is the view of the lake, especially early morning when the deer are everywhere.

Room tip: Look at the map and choose which building you prefer.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Came here for a business conference in late October. Not only was the weather perfect but the hotel was as well. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to enjoy everything the resort had to offer due to a busy schedule but I also suffered from a bad case of altitude sickness. I was really bad the second day of my stay especially after my group planned a cocktail party at the Cheyanne Lodge located an additional 1000 feet up. I was literally white as ghost and sweaty. The man get called the on site paramedics to look me over. They gave me some oxygen and Gatorade. The hotel manager came over to see how I was doing and he sent a bellman to buy me some Gatorade for me. The next morning I wasn’t feel well again and the hotel sent me to a nearby urgent care center for treatment. The hotel had a bellman drive me there and back and even took me to pharmacy to my prescriptions filled. All the staff was great the report was great and the room was very comfortable. If this place was at sea level I’d be back in a heart beat!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We needed to be in Co Springs for a college visit, and booked The Broadmoor on a whim. I wanted to write a review bc I found the service and maintenance to be extremely high quality and worthy of a 5 star resort. They keep the place impeccably maintained and the personnel were exceptional. We are not golfers, but plenty of outdoor activities to keep busy. If you are up for it, do some of the hikes in the Cheyenne mountain trail system. Very worthwhile. Also check out the zoo. Hard to find a place that is this well run these days, so spend the $$ and enjoy.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheBroadmoorResMgr, Vice President and Resident Manager at The Broadmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your very gracious overview of The Broadmoor and our offerings. We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and truly appreciate your kind accolades surrounding our hospitality, facilities and services.

We certainly enjoyed serving you and look forward to your return in the not too distant future.