See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Very awful, keep looking, disgusting, don't do it. Do you self a favor and read these reviews that everyone is saying,these are Headings to a lot of them . This place is gross in so many ways that I would not even let my dogs stay here. It stinks, it's very dirty, there are bugs everywhere including the beds, I can't believe those place is even allowed to be open for business apparently there are no regulations on this place and worst of all the staff is rude and ignorant. I gave it a rating of one because you cannot go lower than that but it does not even deserve to be open for business!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ECONOLODGEDOWNTOWNCO, webmaster at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. We’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a budget. It's a bit of a walk to the actual downtown but a nice scenic view of the mountains. Rooms and bathrooms are old, but comfortable. There is free wifi, a pool and breakfast. I think recommended for short stays

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
ECONOLODGEDOWNTOWNCO, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Econo Lodge Downtown.
It is really nice to note that that you liked the stay and services at our hotel during your recent visit
Glad to see your positive observations which shall definitely make us run that extra mile.
We look forward to welcome you again soon!!!

Best Regards,
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

A cheap downtown motel it is close to Colorado College and downtown

Really dated rooms and it seemed kind of dingy.

There was no chain on the door lock so I would not recommend for women

Spotty heat and no coffee when I checked out (starts at 7)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
ECONOLODGEDOWNTOWNCO, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I can't believe this is a Choice Hotel. One of the worst hotels I'very ever stayed at, and not cheap either. There were roaches in the room and bath. The bath tub had mold in the grout.
The bed was like sleeping on rocks. There was a breakfast but ifor you had mobility issues you couldn't get to the breakfast area for the stairs with no handrails.
If there had been another hotel room in the city we would not have stayed there.
The area didn't feel safe either.
The WiFi didn't work.
They wanted to charge a fee for the in room safe. Which we had to fight to get credit for when we did not use it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
ECONOLODGEDOWNTOWNCO, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We checked in that staff were very nice and friendly. We are happy with the services received for the price and money, our only tip or advice is to expand the parking and very few upgrades. our overall experience is rated at 4 stars. we appreciate the hospitality and timely responses from staff and loved the continental breakfast offered daily,

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. We take real pride in this hotel and serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had a such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.