All reviewsathletic clubhigh end finishessecurity gatebeautifully appointed roomsroom serviceexcellent roomtennis courtsbeautiful hotelbusiness conferenceair force academyother guestsparking lotcomfortable bedtwo nightswould stay here againhotel rooma great place to stay
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

The lodge is great - no complaints at all. It’s very clean and quiet. The setting though is GREAT. Awesome place to see sunsets and enjoy excellent amenities. I love to sit outside by the fire pit on the loggia and eat their buffalo burger and watch the sunset. It doesn’t get any better than that in this part of the state. Great workout facilities or excellent room to walk or run outside. Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank David R
Jeffrey H, Director of Sales at The Lodge at Flying Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Simply put..we like the way you roll! Fireside burger while watching the sunset. Doesn't get any better than that anywhere!
So glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stayed here for one night. We ordered room service which was nice. The hotel is nice, but I feel that it's overpriced. It didn't wow me. The room was spacious, however and the view of the mountains was lovely. Breakfast was decent as well. Nice for a short stay and especially nice if you like golfing.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey H, Director of Sales at The Lodge at Flying Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your stay in Colorado Springs. It seems as though you enjoyed your time with us and we hope that you will return to take advantage of the many different amenities that our resort has to offer. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at jhowell@flyinghorseclub.com if you would care to offer suggestions on what might have enhanced your experience with us. Thank you again for your time and your valued critique.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

While check in was a little slow after a long day of driving and it was difficult to find in the dark, once we arrived and unpacked the room was deliciously luxurious and so easy to sleep in their wonderful bed. Fridge kept stuff cold. Restaurant was excellent and staff worked hard to make things come together for us, it's a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

We certainly appreciate your kind and detailed account of your stay with us at Flying Horse. Your review reminds us of the many details that are valued by our guests. We will continue our efforts to provide the quality of goods and services our guests deserve and expect from a luxury boutique resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Flying Horse. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for a night on our Spring Break tour of Colorado. The accommodations were fantastic. We had requested adjoining rooms but apparently we should have requested connecting rooms, but the manager quickly reassigned us and all was well! They were super friendly and helpful, breakfast was amazing and our rooms were top notch with an amazing view. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Shellydf
Jeffrey H, Director of Sales at The Lodge at Flying Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was fantastic. The promptness of the service great. After that it went screaming down hill. The waiter described the specials for the evening including a very interesting appetizer which we ordered. The waiter returned to the table and informed us the special was sold out... it was 7:00 PM on Saturday... we ordered dinner, my very expensive ribeye was served well done after being ordered medium rare, and the plate did not have the shrimp accompaniment described. They did replace the steak however the grilled shrimp were cold. The creamed spinach was dry and lacked flavor. The steak was no better than Saltgrass or Texas T-bone and over twice the price. My wife’s Filet was “meh”. They refilled my Coke with Diet Coke. Yuck. The only reason I rated 3/5 is that they comped my steak and dessert. I tipped the waiter the price of the comped steak because he had the misfortune of being the face of an incompetent kitchen. As proud ($$$$) as they are of the food, I expected a much higher level of quality.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey H, Director of Sales at The Lodge at Flying Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

We regret that your recent experience was not up to your expectations nor up to our typically high standards. I would like to discuss your experience and follow up in person if you would allow me that opportunity. My name is Jeff Howell and I may be reached at jhowell@flyinghorseclub.com. We apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide the experience you should expect and deserve. Thank you once again for your candor.

Warm regards,