“Breakfast with a View”

Over Easy, A Daytime Eatery
Ranked #23 of 1,613 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Description: Over Easy adds a fresh twist to breakfast and lunch favorites using local, organic ingredients. Our extensive menu features items made from scratch daily including Gourmet Pancakes, Stuffed French Toast, Eggs Benedict Selections, Breakfast Quinoa, Lunch Salads & Sandwiches, Ultimate Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar and more. Over Easy also caters to vegetarian and gluten-free guests. Awards: Named Top Breakfast Spot in Colorado by Refinery 29. Recognized as #10 on Urbanspoon's list of 101 Great Breakfasts in the US. Voted Best Breakfast Restaurant in Colorado Springs & Highlands Ranch. Love local? So do we. Better ingredients. Better for you. The philosophy at Over Easy is simple. We select local ingredients, whenever possible, from small producers to offer fresh, chemical-free, delicious produce and meats. Our farmers are not only our purveyors; they're our friends.
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Great breakfast spot are usually so hard to find and the one spot we go to over and over again is Over Easy. This restaurant nails breakfast each and every time (and yes they do serve lunch also!) We have been to the Over Easy on Nevada SO many times as a couple, as a family, with my niece and sister in law, with friends and with anyone else who wants an outstanding breakfast that I would have to count on my fingers and toes how many meals we have had here.

The atmosphere is bustling and there is usually a wait - but it is worth it. they have a long community table and bar which are both open seating (which we usually quickly find a spot at). There is also a fairly large patio for when the weather is nice. The living wall of plants I love and always thought more restaurants should do these especially with fresh herbs! It is very bright with wonderful view of the front range and the hustle and bustle put you in a good mood to start off your day.

The first thing that always brings us back is the waitstaff. This is a busy place and they start early and everyone is always cheerful from the hostess stand to the wait staff to the bartenders and I always see the managers checking in with the tables as well and that does not go unnoticed. The pride in this restaurant really shows.

Now who doesn't like to day drink? Well, if you do, you must hit up Over Easy for two of the best drinks in town. The organic margarita ($6) is on my top 5 list of local margaritas. They use the organic Tres Agaves, tequila and a splash of fresh orange juice for what I call a breakfast rita! The splash of orange juice gives it a little twist and it is one of the smoothest morning drinks you can have. Garnished with a slice of fresh orange and lime the citrus notes wake up your taste buds....Good Morning!

The other draw is their extensive Bloody Mary bar ($7). You get a glass of vodka with ice and a salted rim and head over to make your perfect bloody. From smoked salt to infused Worcestershire, olive juice to hot sauces, spike it up anyway you choose and then load on the toppings. Pickles, olives, bacon, celery, peppers and pepperoni are just a few of the options you will find. If you don't' want to make your own your bartender or server will be happy to do it for you.

The fresh juices and the coffee options are also delicious. My two favorites are The Cure ($5) Pineapple / Vanilla / Orange Juice / Coconut Water and off their coffee list the Black Forest Mocha ($3.99) which consists of espresso, dark chocolate, cherry and steamed milk and topped with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle.

Then comes the hard part. Looking over the menu. Let me tell you we have never had a bad meal here. All the egg dishes come with their wonderful hash browns which are always crispy on top and soft in the middle and perfectly seasoned which is how I like mine.

First the choices of eggs Benedict make my heart sing as this is one of my all time favorite meals to cook and eat. The Tuscan ($10.99) is a perfectly toasted English Muffin topped with prosciutto, tomato, fresh basil, two perfectly cooked poached eggs and a hollandaise that isn't overpowered by too much lemon and then finished with a balsamic glaze. The salty prosciutto with the fresh basil and the intermingling of the egg yolk and hollandaise and then a pop of the rich balsamic is heaven on a fork.

On our last visit I tried the snow crab Benedict which was two toasted English Muffins topped with a generous portion of snow crab, spinach, two soft poached eggs and a delicious lemon-dill hollandaise. The hollandaise was so good that I asked for a side! The dill really shined through and provided a nice lift to the hollandaise. The crab with the fresh spinach was so light and the whole dish reminded me of spring on the beach in California. Delicious.

If you want a taste south of the border order the Huevos Rancheros ($8.99). The corn tortillas are topped with black beans, eggs cooked to order (I like mine over medium), red or green chili (I recommend Christmas style which is half red and half green), cotija cheese and avocado and is served with a side of salsa, beans and hash browns. It is a generous portion that is packed with flavor and will keep you running all day.

Over Easy's biscuits and gravy ($8.99) are hands down some of the best anywhere and that is saying a lot when you have lived in the south. The gravy is packed with chunks of sausage and is a gravy that is actually seasoned! When poured on top of the flaky, light biscuits you can't go wrong. If someone at your table orders this make sure you get a bite! it is served with eggs cooked any way and hash browns and I know if my husband is hungry he will add a side of their crispy bacon.

If eggs aren't your thing then check out the pancakes. Our favorite is the Hawaiian ($7.99) which is topped with sweet pineapple, toasted coconut and a vanilla creme anglaise cinnamon butter. The only thing that would make me happier would be some macadamia nuts (hint-hint)! Another great option is the pancake flight ($8.99) and you can chose any 3 of their gourmet pancakes. We often add a single to our order and share one for only $3.99.

We can see why Over Easy #10 on Urbanspoon’s list of 101 Great Breakfasts in the US. The outstanding food, service and generous portions will keep us coming back for many years to come.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

My Masugama eats here Every weekend. Drive over from limon co, just for breakfast. When I come to see him. This is where we go. Love love love. Best hash brown, coffee,juices. Yes I really could go on. BUT I wont.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

This is a great place to come for brunch any day of the week! I had an incredible omelet with cheese and Prosciutto, hash browns, toast with berry jelly and coffee. My friend had the Rocky Mountain Corn Beef Hash, she hadn't had corn beef before and she loved it! I will definitely go back!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Great breakfast find! Near our hotel the mining exchange! Great food, fun staff. The tatum's avocado toast yummy!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Over Easy serves fresh, novel twists to classic breakfast and lunch foods. The food was fresh, delicious, and the atmosphere was very open and they had friendly servers.
The atmosphere was a little loud so talking inside you had to speak up, but the food was worth it!