“tamer version of down home cajun food”

Momma Pearl's Cajun Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Momma Pearl's Cajun Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #355 of 1,653 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Momma Pearl's Cajun Kitchen is Colorado Springs most authentic Cajun restaurant. We serve everything from Fried Alligator to Gumbo and Jambalaya, Po-boys, Seafood Platters, Bread Pudding and more. Chef BB Brunet, aka The House Chef of Colorado Springs, prepares every dish from scratch using family recipes passed down for generations. It don't get any better than that.
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I ordered the sampler platter. I have crawfish etouffee, chicken and sausage gumbo and red beans and rice. I also tried the hushpuppies. Only the red beans and rice came up to the spice level I prefer. My wife ordered the crab cakes. They were ok, but somewhat lacking in the taste crab meat. She also tried the soft shell crab - it was delicious - and the fried okra. the okra tasted fresh but was undercooked to our preference.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Stopped by for take-out "supper." I absolutely love the hushpuppies and the read beans and rice. The shrimp on the platters are great, but the popcorn shrimp on the po boy is worth a pass. Of all the things that we ordered the andouille sausage was the best thing in the bag.

Date of visit: January 2016
3  Thank 97antoine
Reviewed 22 January 2016

At first I had a hard time to find this place honestly, but holy Cajun food gone cray!! I loved every tiny bit of the Chef's masterful cooking!! After eating the amazing cheesy chili corn bread and the gumbo sampler was exactly what the doctor ordered on a nippy night! I ordered the crab cakes on jasmine rice and was fresh made and all I could do was moan over the delicious meal! We left also with a great cinamon pecan King Cake for entertaining and let others know where to get this most satisfying meal! A must visit and eat place!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 18 January 2016

The food was okay although the service was mediocre at best. We had the catfish po-boy sandwich which appeared large at first glance however that turned out to be just the roll, fish was much smaller. Questions directed to the waitress were answered in clipped monotone. In spite of this we were finishing the meal until the cook, perhaps owner appeared. He chatted with others in the room then approached our table. When he saw the coupon on the table he muttered and with a wave of his hand dismissed us. Unfortunately, the food left an odd after taste perhaps from the fish. We would have given this place a second try, as we always do, if not for the abysmally bad manners.

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank 51BetteS19
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Don't get to this side of town much but was staying nearby. Owners are charming food is good. Reasonably priced the shrimp and grits was a little different then I'm used to but was delicious. The beignets were horrible though ..sorry.. But we will be back

Date of visit: December 2015